-

Photo

Ain't It Cool News also reporting Raiders for December....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Brett Cameron

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 04:04 AM

In their article on the Lord Of The Rings dvd event they said they talked to a Paramount guy who said the high def transfer was just done and it would be a two disc set due in the fourth quarter.
http://aintitcool.co...ay.cgi?id=11861

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Kwang Suh

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 04:13 AM

I trust Harry about as far as I can throw him.

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Matthew_S

Matthew_S

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 04:16 AM

Well, with your bad back Kwang, you shouldn't be throwing anybody.....Posted Image

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Greg_Y

Greg_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,479 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 04:23 AM

What is so dangerous about a guy like Harry Knowles is that he gives good HTF members bad ideas. Posted Image

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 04:26 AM

While there may be little disagreement about Harry's, well, shall I say 'attitude' sometimes, the Raiders December release is not something only he has talked about. Certainly I take everything he says with a big block of salt, but taken in conjunction with what others have said I see it as growing confirmation of an imminent release for this DVD. Maybe an August announcement?!!
Peter

My Collection

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher

Producer

• 3,452 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 04:49 AM

Should be pointed out that specific article is not written by Knowles, but in fact Moriarty who attended the Fellowship DVD Event last week and picked up on this Raiders "news"...

Dan

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 06:03 AM

So what was a Paramount guy in a position to know this high-level stuff doing at a New Line/Warner Brothers event? Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Miles

Miles

Second Unit

• 284 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 06:57 AM

The high-def transfer was probably done some time ago as Raiders and TOD were shown in 1080i on ABC about a month ago Posted Image

Miles

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   DanR

DanR

Supporting Actor

• 676 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 08:42 AM

This is no real big revelation, whether true or false it doesn't add anything. We've known this title was in the works for the past 6 months. When you take Ron Epstein's "It's not on the Paramount schedule they gave me, but that doesn't mean it's not coming", The Digital Bits' "if all goes well, Raiders could make it this year", and Spielberg's recent comments, it all becomes quite clear...

Lucasfilm and/or Paramount are working at least Raiders of the Lost Ark. They are putting quite a bit of work into it, and there is no specified release date...yet. It is not on Paramount's release schedule because they simply do not know when it's going to be done (or Lucasfilm is not committing to a delivery date).

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that we will have at least one Indiana Jones movie on DVD by Summer 2003. If they release them separately, maybe they will do it more quickly than one per year. Maybe it will go something like Winter 2002, Summer 2003, and Winter 2003 (if we get lucky) OR more likely Summer 2003, Winter 2003, Summer 2004 which would lead nicely into a Indiana Jones 4 theatrical release...

Just my $0.02.

Regards,
Dan

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 09:27 AM

Speilburg has said that he wants a big theatrical re-release for Raiders after doing ET, so I would factor that in personally.

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   streeter

streeter

Screenwriter

• 1,391 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 09:41 AM

He's a year late for a 20th anniversary re-release. I think they should just release the Jones films on DVD and wait 4 years for a theatrical re-release.

Same with the BTTF films - on DVD now and in theaters in 2005 for its twentieth anniversary.

That's just my .02
Nothing Lost Forever: The Films of Tom Schiller
"I'll tell you why... 'cause I'm a dancer."

home page / dvds

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 09:14 PM

I really hope Spielberg doesn't re-release Raiders or any other Indy film theatrically because he'll end up adding cheesy CGI effects to them. I'm all for a re-master on an older film, but I decided to boycott the E.T. release personally. The extra scenes may not seriously distract me from the film, but I feel that he could just as easily have left well enough alone and put those extra scenes on the coming dvd release instead. Just my 2 cents. Regardless, I eagerly anticipate the Indy Trilogy on dvd whenever that may be.
"Uncommon beauty is commonly overlooked".
THE WOODSMAN

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,471 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted March 31 2002 - 09:24 PM

I suspect the only digital enhancing for the Indy movies is really just digital recompositing. Some of the optical effects will look poor on modern video and film technology.

I'm looking forward to whatever form the films will be in. The more Indy, the better! (I'll definately have to buy the DVD's when they come out.)

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Ash Williams

Ash Williams

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 09:34 PM

Yeah chances are Speilberg will do a re-release of Raiders. And chances are even better that he will add new scenes and updated effects. I think the main reason that Spielberg, like his pal George, update thier films is so that when they do a re-release, there is more of a draw to go see them. Which in turn generates more green stuff. The main reason that I go to these re-releases is so that I can see them on the big screen again, simple as that. If they didn't have updated effects I would still go. But thats just me. I don't think we will see Raiders on DVD this year. I hope to God I'm wrong.