What's new

Original "Outer Limits" coming to DVD from MGM ! (1 Viewer)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Forgive me if this is old news -- I searched around and found nothing else on it.
I've mentioned in a few posts that I work in video post production. My office just got the entire series of the original "Outer Limits" in here, both seasons. I'm doing work on episode #11, "Nightmare," right now.
I have no idea whether they will be together in a boxed set or not, and I have no info on the new series.
NOTE: I made a mistake -- I can only confirm that episodes 1 through 16 are coming to DVD. I apologize for this error. While I do think the rest of the series is likely to be released on DVD, the first 16 episodes is all I can confirm at this time.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wow, this is great news! Thanks from my wife and her stepdad...they LOVE this show!!!

Any idea how soon this could hit? Summer? Fall? The holidays?

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I don't know, but the work I do is usually done anywhere from 3 months to 6 months before the DVD is released.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
This is one I've really been waiting for.

Guess the kids won't get those new shoes for Christmas after all.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Brian,
This is GREAT news! I remember when it was on television "originally" and in reruns.
One time my dad put me in a corner to punish me while Bozo The Clown was on. I could hear the show but couldn't see it. After it was over, The Outer Limits came on. Little did he know is that I really wanted to watch TOL but not Bozo :D
I am surprised that the series only ran 2 seasons but prefer it over The Twilight Zone. TOL was so creepy, eerie, left you with an aftershock once you saw the show. But also remember, this was a time when space travel was new and UFO's was more than a passing fad but more of a hobby for many.
I will definitely buy this one with or without extras! I passed on the VHS years ago.

Lone Wolf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny B
Alllriiight:emoji_thumbsup: I've been waiting on this one. Great to hear that it's finally happening. Thanks for the word.
Johnny B.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This is great!

I've seen the remastered versions on the Scifi Channel and they look fantastic.

Looks like I'm going to have some more MGM titles in my collection this year... (along with The Producers and UHF)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, I don't know much about it, Jeff, except that Season Two is coming, and the episodes say 16:9 on them. I worked on the episode "1969" a few nights ago myself. I'd never seen the show before. The stuff with the hippies was funny. We have only received up through the episode "Out of Mind," though, which I believe was the last episode of Season 2, according to an episode guide I found online.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
This news is too cool! Ive got the set!
Ps: TOL only ran for a Season and a half-I guess it was too far ahead of its time...

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
MGM used snapper cases when dvd first started back in 97. I still have my copy of thelma & louise in a snapper and i also recall the first rocky release being in one. But thankfully they changed their ways.

Matt_Marlow

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait for this either! If you're a fan of the show, you'd probably really enjoy 'The Outer Limits Companion' by David J. Schow. It's big coffee table book that's filled with photos and information, including detailed descriptions of each episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks