What's new

Outlaw 1050-No Longer A Good Bargain? (1 Viewer)

Bruce Cadotte

Stunt Coordinator
I think with Outlaw working so long on the 950 they have
not worked on what will always out sell a pre-pro and is
a new receiver,the 1050 is now very outdated and now overpriced check out the Integra DTR-6.3 at
http://www.integrahometheater.com/dtr6353.pdf
the integra rep was at the home theater store i go to
t-day and said the DTR-6.3 would list for $530.00 and sell around $450.00-$499.00.

JimN

Stunt Coordinator
I disgree totally. If you are after the latest and greatest decoding, then it may not be for you. If you are interested in a receiver that sounds way better than it should (noise floor and neutrality) then it is still an impressive piece of equipment for the price. As always (and like everyone else whether they admit it or not) IMO.

Chris Demaree

Stunt Coordinator
My 1050 decodes everything I care about and makes one hell of a nice pre/pro (considering the price). Now to see how it sounds powering the rear surrounds while I bi-amp the fronts....

KonradN

Stunt Coordinator
i have no doubt that the outlaw 1050 is a very nice sounding receiver, but even if we just look at sound quality alone how does it compare to the h/k 320, marantz 5200 or the older marantz 5000, and the current and upcoming integras in 500 dollar price range?

I think it depends partly on our own personalities. I owned my previous receiver for eight years. I followed the development of the 1050 and purchased it in May 2000 and have enjoyed it ever since. As a father of three with limited $$$$$ to spend on this hobby I buy with the intent of enjoying my purchase for a long time. DD + DTS + fine music reproduction provide me with hours of entertainment. Maybe outdated, but still totally satisfying.:D :D :D
Rick Favreau
Outlaw 1050
2 x S38 / center / 3 x S26 / PB 12
S360 Sony DVD (still works)
KP43T70 RPTV
Custom 316 Audio rack
Custom main speaker wall mount system

Bruce Cadotte

Stunt Coordinator
this does not have anything to do with what we have now(1050) and how we like it,what i am saying is about how outlaw is still selling it without updating it vs what is now coming out now like the Integra 6.3 which if you look at the specs seems to be better then the 1050.

JimN

Stunt Coordinator
this does not have anything to do with what we have now(1050) and how we like it,what i am saying is about how outlaw is still selling it without updating it vs what is now coming out now like the Integra 6.3 which if you look at the specs seems to be better then the 1050.
The 1050 according to Outlaw is still selling quite well and still meeting their expectations. Obviously some people still think it is a viable product even in the face of more "modern" receivers. Many who would upgrade from the 1050 may prefer going the seperates route rather than keep replacing amplification and processor at every upgrade. However, eventually the sales of the 1050 will fall off and Outlaw will update it. The question is only when that time will come, some believe that is now, others do not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks