Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Okay Hammer fans, want Twins of Evil, or other MGM Hammers?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben Motley

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 03:27 PM

Then sign my petition! It's finally up at http://www.PetitionO...r/petition.html
and ready to go. Here's the gist of it...
quote:

To MGM Home Video, DVD Division...

MGM has made great strides in gaining the admiration of horror movie fans recently with their Midnight Movie line of dvds. This is a plea that you go one step further and begin releasing the Hammer Films in your ownership.

The English film studio, Hammer Films, made a name for themselves in the late fifties with revolutionary reworkings of classic horror themes, and remained at the forefront of horror cinema for the next two decades, indelibly stamping their name forever on the gothic horror genre. During this time, they produced several classic films, some of which MGM now holds the home video rights to. MGM has already expressed an interest in releasing The Vampire Lovers and The Hounds of the Baskervilles to dvd in 2002; this is a promising start, but there are several more titles that we are concerned about.

First and foremost on the list is Twins of Evil, that legendary film presenting Peter Cushing in one of his finest performances as a fanatically righteous witchfinder, the beautiful Mary and Madeleine Collinson, and Damien Thomas as the sinister Count Karnstein. It is reported that upon Twins of Evil's initial release in America, the MPAA made 34 separate cuts to the film, shortening it by 5 minutes and 36 seconds. Please restore this footage to the film for release on dvd. The dvd format provides for the addition of supplemental material. Unfortunately, the great Peter Cushing has been gone from us for some time, but the Collinson twins and Damien Thomas are all very much still with us, and frequently make public appearances supporting Hammer Films in general, and Twins of Evil in particular. With such a history of accessibility, we feel these actors could, and should, be approached for the purpose of contributing to the dvd release by providing a commentary track and perhaps other material. If MGM were to act upon these recommendations, this would be a very special release of Twins of Evil indeed.

In addition to Twins of Evil, all of the Hammer films in MGM's possession are classics that deserve representation on dvd. We, the undersigned, petition MGM Home Video to release the following films to dvd, fully uncut, with anamorphic transfers in their original aspect ratios in those cases where the films were shot in anything other than the Acadamy ratio of 1.37:1, before we all rot in our graves, as so many unfortunate Hammer victims.

Hands of the Ripper
The Quatermass Experiment
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Ten Seconds to Hell
The Vampire Lovers
Countess Dracula
Twins of Evil
Vampire Circus

Thank you very much for your attention and consideration in this matter.
[/quote]

Please, click on the banner and support the cause. Thanks!

Posted Image

[Edited last by Ben Motley on August 19, 2001 at 01:59 AM]

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Jeff_A

Jeff_A

Screenwriter

• 1,459 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 11:43 PM

Ben,

Done. I will always support the continued release of Hammer Films on DVD! Posted Image

------------------
The Dark Tower

Posted Image

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,442 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted August 18 2001 - 11:53 PM

As a longtime fan of Hammer Horrors, I'd love to have these on DVD.
Where do I sign? Posted Image

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   Bob_L

Bob_L

Supporting Actor

• 893 posts

Posted August 19 2001 - 07:18 AM

All I want is the European cut of "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" so we can see the magnificent Victoria Vetri's nude scene.

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald

Screenwriter

• 1,648 posts

Posted August 19 2001 - 10:45 AM

Ben,

As you can see from the petition list, I was more that happy to be signer #3.

Bob,

I want to see the european cut of WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH too, but that film unfortunately belongs to Warner. Maybe if we're lucky, Warner will pull another MUMMY-type marketing stunt, and release WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH on DVD when JURASSIC PARK III comes to home video, although I'm not holding my breath, waiting for that to occur. If MGM controlled the film, we'd probably have it on our shelves by now, or within the next year.

My Current Damage at DVD Aficionado

Wanted in R1: UNEARTHLY STRANGER ('63) / IF I HAD A MILLION ('32) / THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK ('41) / IT CONQUERED THE WORLD ('56) / TERROR ABOARD ('33) / DANGER ROUTE ('68) / THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM ('68) / GUNN ('67) / ZOO IN BUDAPEST ('33) / THE SEA WOLF ('41) / DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS ('63, restored) / ALAKAZAM THE GREAT ('60) / DARKER THAN AMBER ('70) / THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME ('47) / CROSSWINDS ('51) / JIVARO ('54)

Wanted TV-on-DVD: T.H.E. CAT (1966-67) / SUSPICION (1957-58) / WAY OUT (1961) / ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) / PANIC! (1957-58) / CORONET BLUE (1965) / DRAGNET ('50s) / NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN (1968) / BUS STOP (1961-62) / THE WESTERNER (1960) / THE IMMORTAL (1970) / BLUE LIGHT (1966) / TERRIERS (2010) / THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS (1966)

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben Motley

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted August 19 2001 - 06:47 PM

Thanks Peter! And thanks to everyone who has signed up so far. Let's keep it goin' people - 'ppreciate it!

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   PhilipG

PhilipG

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts

Posted August 19 2001 - 07:04 PM

Not another petition! Posted Image

But this one is really worthy. Best of luck with it - and I sincerely hope that many more than 25 people sign it! Posted Image

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben Motley

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted August 20 2001 - 12:37 PM

BUMP! Posted Image

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   Darren H

Darren H

Second Unit

• 449 posts

Posted August 21 2001 - 01:00 AM

mmmmmmm . . . Mary and Madeleine Collinson . . . mmmmmmm

------------------
"I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity." -- g.W.b.

[ long pauses ]

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben Motley

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted August 21 2001 - 01:42 PM

Yes Darren, they are nice girls, hmmm? Okay people, we're at 73; who's gonna be 74? Posted Image

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,898 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 21 2001 - 01:51 PM

I've never seen it, but as gorgeous as the girls are in that banner ad . . . I'm signing.

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben Motley

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted August 27 2001 - 09:53 PM

Alright people! We cracked 150! Way to go, and thanks to all who have signed off already. For those of you who haven't, please please please go back to the first post in this thread, click on the banner, and sign on. Thank you! Posted Image

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   Gary Tooze

Gary Tooze

Producer

• 3,060 posts

Posted August 28 2001 - 05:52 AM

Okay I signed... don't know much about Hammer films, but if my buddy Steve Christou has signed they must be films of the highest artistic calibre Posted Image

------------------
Posted ImageGary@2ze.com
DVD COLLECTION CONTEST , My DVD Collection ,My Home Theatre
DVDBeaver's 15 Member choices of the TOP 111 DVDs available today!

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,442 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted August 28 2001 - 06:19 AM

I heard that Gary you old film snob you, well at least I don't spend all my movie watching time reading subtitles! oops, only kidding mate! Posted Image

ps. Watch a few Hammers Gary, I think you'll enjoy them, and you can always turn the garish color down if you prefer! Posted Image

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben Motley

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted August 28 2001 - 06:58 PM

You guys crack me up! Thanks for signin' Gary. We are now 170 strong!

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben Motley

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted August 30 2001 - 12:14 AM

Bump! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users