Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Christopher Lee....CBE

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,854 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted June 16 2001 - 11:51 AM

Christopher Lee has been made Commander of the British Empire by the Queen, I've always been a huge fan of the horror legend, in my opinion he should have been Knighted by now. Posted Image

Lee is 79 years old now and still very active in movies, he has roles in two upcoming extremely eagerly awaited movies, he plays Saruman the White in 'Lord of the Rings' and I think a Jedi Knight in 'Star Wars Episode II'.

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Top 10 Charts

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Jeff_A

Jeff_A

Screenwriter

• 1,459 posts

Posted June 16 2001 - 12:08 PM

Respect, love, adore Christopher Lee! He is the primary reason I would like to see more of the classic Hammer films released. Let's hear it for this legendary actor and the best Dracula in the history of film.

Oops, almost forgot to qualify - IMHO. Posted Image

------------------
The Dark Tower

Posted Image

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher

Producer

• 3,452 posts

Posted June 16 2001 - 12:10 PM

[quote]

...in my opinion he should have been Knighted by now.

[quote]

I agree, though Commander Lee sounds cool. Posted Image Regarding episode2, I was under the impression he plays a right old count ( Posted Image ) in the film, a villian, not a Jedi. Dunno, like Lord of the Rings stuff, so high is my anticipation I don't follow all the fansite news and rumour.

Dan (UK)

------------------
Visit: DVD in Detail
Latest Review: Unbreakable

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   David Lee

David Lee

Stunt Coordinator

• 75 posts

Posted June 16 2001 - 04:07 PM

I too admire Christopher Lee, especially his commanding voice. Is it true that Warner is releasing Horror of Dracula in R2 UK? It's a shame that Warner hasn't released this and other Hammer Classics in the States.

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,854 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted June 17 2001 - 04:44 AM

I don't know if 'Horror of Dracula' or 'Dracula' as its known over here, is coming out on r2 dvd. Legend has it that the Japanese versions of these Hammer Classics have more gore and nudity, I've seen photos of the Japanese version of 'The Mummy' (1959), and you see Lee's tongue cut off in more graphic detail. I have all the great Hammer Horrors on tape, about 50 of them.

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Top 10 Charts

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   David Lee

David Lee

Stunt Coordinator

• 75 posts

Posted June 17 2001 - 07:45 AM

I did some searching and according to the website Horrordvds.com, Curse of Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Mummy are scheduled for an autumn R2 release. Just click on their news archive for March 18 - 24 of 2001. With that said I will try not to get my hopes too high, I'll believe it when I see it. I also apologize for taking away from the main topic.

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   Bill McA

Bill McA

Producer

• 5,969 posts

Posted June 17 2001 - 10:13 AM

Great news about the CBE! I've always been a hugh fan of Lee (and Cushing) since I was tiny and they still remain icons to me today. I have 2 facial life casts of Lee and Cushing hanging on my wall! ------------------

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   Jaime m

Jaime m

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted June 18 2001 - 01:14 AM

Congrats to chris! He rules.And as far as i know in Star Wars EP.2 he plays Conut Dooku who is a former jedi leading a revolt against the Republic(soon to be the Empire). Star wars and Lord of the rings, he seems to be on a role! Which in the end is good for us fans!

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Ben Motley

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted June 18 2001 - 01:27 AM

I saw this thread when it started, but haven't posted yet cause I just don't know what to say. Chris Lee is THE man, and I've always enjoyed his work ever since I could watch t.v.. What else can I say, but congrats Mr. Lee, keep on truckin'! ------------------ M. Hyde

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   bill lopez

bill lopez

Second Unit

• 420 posts

Posted June 18 2001 - 06:38 AM

I always felt when Luke removed Darth Vader's helmet in Return of the JEDI it should have been Chris Lee's.

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Jason_Els

Jason_Els

Screenwriter

• 1,096 posts

Posted June 18 2001 - 06:00 PM

I hope this is a great honor for him as he most certainly deserves it. Actually though Lee got his biggest wish in Lord of the Rings. He's a huge fan, reading the book once a year, and playing Saruman is a dream come true. Lee is THE man for the role and it will be a delight to see him in a huge production in such a juicy part. For those not old enough to know, or haven't seen him in action before, this will be an awakening to the greatest living horror actor in the world. Congratulations Sir Christopher! Jason Ashley Warwick, NY
For beauty is only a step removed from a burning terror we barely sustain, and we worship it for the graceful sublimity with which it disdains to consume us. - Rainer Maria Rilke

My DVD Collection

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie

Producer

• 3,636 posts

Posted June 19 2001 - 12:34 AM

He's not Sir Chris, Jason. 'Sir' is reserved for those with knighthoods.
No longer here.

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   Ben Motley

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted June 19 2001 - 02:03 AM

ouch

#14 of 15 OFFLINE   Jason_Els

Jason_Els

Screenwriter

• 1,096 posts

Posted August 25 2001 - 11:35 AM

I am not British and do not care a whit for whatever antiquated and elitest rules of address British society still cling to. If, however, Christopher Lee gets some satisfaction and sense of honor from it then I am happy for him. He deserves it and more. If "sir" is offensive then I do apologize but it certainly can't be worse than publicly correcting someone else's salutation. Jason Ashley
For beauty is only a step removed from a burning terror we barely sustain, and we worship it for the graceful sublimity with which it disdains to consume us. - Rainer Maria Rilke

My DVD Collection

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie

Producer

• 3,636 posts

Posted August 25 2001 - 12:11 PM

Who said anything about offensive? Jason sir, you are making FAR too much of what I said (two months ago).
No longer here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users