What's new

Ultimate Star Trek: TNG Case... (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I know, I know... I said that I really don't have a problem with the cardboard packaging that alot of these season box sets come in. Well I had a little time this weekend so I thought what the heck...
I won't do others until they are released, and I will probably stick with the big face shots on the front that Paramount seems to be using for their sleeves. For the backs I will probably experiment around a little bit.
Link Removed
Link Removed
For those interested in this sort of thing, I hope you like it!
-Ric

MikeDeVincenzo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm writing a letter to the mayor of Troy, NY, demanding that new signs be posted on all roads leading to Troy. 'WELCOME TO TROY, NY, HOME OF RIC EASTON--STAR TREK DVD ARTWORK STUD-DADDY"
Thanks man!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
That's excellent. Typo on Jonathan Frake's name, but no one will ever notice.

Can you post a 200 dpi version of it?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
DOH!

Why do you folks think I run these by you before sending them to DVD Cover Art? I could have stared at that thing forever and never noticed JINathan Frakes! Thanks for catching it and saving me future embarassment!

Also, I hope I didn't step on your toes Ricardo. I just noticed the other thread after I posted, where you said you may want to give it a try. Feel free to still give it a shot. It wouldn't be the first time there were multiple offerings.

I'll get the fixed 300dpi version to Matt at DVD Cover Art tomorrow and see if he won't mind hosting it.

Thanks for the kind words... Oh, and the Mayor of Troy is Mark Pattison!

- Ric

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Looks Fantastic,Now maybe everyone can see that the original Box is kinda Bland. Anyway of getting the episodes on here, with 26 shows thats probably asking alot..

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I'll see about making an insert that can go inside with the booklet that will list all of the episodes. (The booklet only lists the episodes in alphabetical order) I thought about putting them on the back, but I think I'd rather see the pix instead of alot of text.

Oh, and I found another typo! I butchered Executive... as in Exectuvive Producer Gene Roddenberry! Photoshop should come with a spell check!

- Rik ... uh I mean Ric

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Also, I hope I didn't step on your toes Ricardo. I just noticed the other thread after I posted, where you said you may want to give it a try. Feel free to still give it a shot. It wouldn't be the first time there were multiple offerings.
It's all good, Ric :) I'll work on the Sexy Beast alternate I was supposed to get to last week instead.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Ric, excellent work!!! Thank you so much! Now if I can just figure out where to go print this and on what grade of paper...

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I have had excellent results with my 4 year old HP printer. I used 13x19 Epson photo paper and cut each sheet into two 8.5x13 sheets (almost legal size) and set the printer for "best quality" Or you can use regular legal size paper, though it's hard to find good quality paper of that size. The nice thing is, even though regular legal size paper isn't glossy, it still looks like it is way when put in the case.

Frank Anderson has also got good results from a professional printer friend of his, and I would bet that he'd be willing to help out those folks who can't do this for themselves.

Corrections on the sleeve are finished, I'm just working on the insert with the episodes and I will send them both off to Matt at DVDCoverArt. Though I don't know if he also hosts the inserts.

-Ric

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Ric, again wonderful work. Though the original boxes do look nice, it is an incredible pain in the butt everytime you want to watch one. You have to open the silver box, tip/pry out the cardboard inner digi-pack, then unfold it like a roadmap. I'd much rather use yours with an extra-large case.

Jimmy!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, here's what I came up with for the insert. I'm not crazy about it, but after trying out about a half dozen ideas, this is as good as it got.
Link Removed

Brian E

Screenwriter
If you don't want to spend the time cutting the paper down Kodak makes legal size photo paper (although I don't like Kodak paper as much as Epson or HP paper).

Ric, nice cover.

AllenD

Second Unit
Ric,
That insert sent chills down my spine and goosebumps throughout my whole body! Great job!:emoji_thumbsup:
EDIT: Software Forum not refreshing for me?!?!?!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
For those interested the new cover and sleeve should be up on DVD Cover Art this weekend. Matt has been out of town and is unable to update his site until then.
-Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks