What's new

*** Official "AMERICAN PIE 2" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I really wanna see this movie...
I loved the first one...
For those who have seen it, how was it???
Im looking foreward to see Mena Suvari..
yum.gif

Anyways... opinions, thoughts???
------------------
menasig.jpg

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Nick-
Saw the first show and I was really impressed. They pattern the first movie and match each gag with a new one- but somehow the whole thing works. Lots of laughs, although most of the original girls (especially Mena Suvari) have little screen time. But don't let that stop you
Chuck

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
NO MENA?!
angry.gif

Dammit...
ohwell, the trailers were hilarious, i just hope they didnt take the funniest parts and put it in the trailers...

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Very very funny. Just as good as the original. Laughs from the whole theater. The formula was very similar (esp. in the beginning) but it worked very well. Everyone that enjoyed the first should check this out. I cant wait until Universal releases this one 3 times!
JQ

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I am anxiously waiting for American Pie 2: Ultimate Edition...
biggrin.gif

Still trying to find money for the American Pie: Ultimate Edition...
------------------
menasig.jpg

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I saw it this afternoon in a fairly empty theater (kind of an odd experience). I thought it was really funny, funnier than the first. The plot was even thinner than the first, but it didn't detract too much since it allowed for more "crazy situation" scenes.
Kevin and the girls are almost invisible, except Michelle who gets in some good screen time (Although Alyson's voice seems to have changed). Instead, Stifler gets to almost steal the show.
Nick, there is one scene with Mena I'm sure you will not want to miss... and she looks good with red hair.
And yes, some people get naked for a bit and there is quite a bit more teasing of people getting naked.
I really liked it. Thumbs up and all that.
------------------
[Edited last by Graeme Clark on August 10, 2001 at 11:35 PM]

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I can't believe you guys all liked this movie...it was trying to follow the formula put forth by the first, but couldn't even do that right. I felt that Road Trip was actually a better sequel than the drivel put forth in this overhyped hunk -o- crap. The movie couldn't decide whether to be a teen sex romp or a realistic film about teens in realistic situations. There were plenty of subplots, but it is like the screenplay lacked a general plot linking all of the subs together as the "pact" did nicely in the first pie. Also, the acting in the film could be described as a bunch of cameos. Klein didn't really have much of a role in the film, and neither did Suvari, Elizibeth, Reid, or Lyonne. They just seemed to be in there every now and again, because hell...they were in the first one, and the audience has to be reminded of the "key" players of the film.
That being said, I thought there were some funny moments in the film, but for me ..compared to the first, the gags were generally the same, and they played well much better the first time I saw them. Another thing is that the marketing campaign really ruined most of the fun for me considering most of the laughs were had on the commercials before I saw the film...so when the appeared on the big screen, it seemed like too little to late.
...looks like I'm alone on this one...
------------------
Latest Additions: Wayne's World: The Complete Epic, Die Hard Collection
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi...At last, we will have revenge."
3 more months...

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Saw AP2 last night and I enjoyed it as much as the first one. Lots of laughs all the way around and Stiffler steals the show. Everyone returns in the sequel, including the Sherminator, the MILF boys, and nudity. :)
Jim, Stiffler, and Michelle have the most screen time and that is how it should be. Next to Levy, they are the funniest three in the American Pie films.
The theater was packed and was erupting with laughter non-stop, especially in the Lesbian scene (classic film moment).
I give American Pie 2
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
out of
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
-Dean-
------------------
Link Removed
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "American Pie 2". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF members film reviews of "American Pie 2" should be posted in this thread .
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy
------------------
[Edited last by Robert Crawford on August 11, 2001 at 10:21 AM]

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I loved it.The wife and I thought it was better then the first one, Though nothing touches the stickler/beer seen in the first one.

Ivan Berisic

Stunt Coordinator
It earned 16.2 million on Friday alone, which means that the weekend total will be somewhere between 45 and 50 million. Very good results.
------------------

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yah, Stifler is the catalyst for most of the funny/gross humor (not pathetic humor that Jim has to endure).
And I am so glad to have a nice R-rated teen/college comedy to see (tired of the watered-down PG-13 fare of late).
It sets up premises and most of them produce a fair amount of laughs from the audience. And yes, it would seem that the girls/women were laughing just as hard AT the guys and with the guys.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I saw it last night. It was just as funny as the first one. I recommend seeing it! I was able to get the free ticket with the newly released Ultimate Edition DVD.
I found myself laughing at certain parts of this film more than the first one.
[Edited last by Dave H on August 11, 2001 at 07:39 PM]

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
If you liked the first you'll love this one. The movie kept me laughing and i can't wait for this DVD.
Jim kinda became the main character in this movie. He and Michelle played a much bigger role in this movie. The other guys in the gang didn't get as much camera time as the first movie.
Stiffler came in a close 2nd. Sean William Scott is just hilarious. He cracked me up in Road Trip and AP2. I see this guy having a big acting career ahead of him.
Definately go see it if you liked the first!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I'll be seeing American Pie 2 sometime this week (dont want to see it with the weekend crowd and all the underaged kids sneaking in... I'll see it with a parent! Oh you just laugh Jason Whyte, you just laugh
tongue.gif
). Hopefully it'll live up to my expecations, especially with all the fans of the first film giving it good reviews.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

DanR

Supporting Actor
Wow, Chris Penn as Stifler's father was completely edited out of the movie after test screenings. I had heard they were going to cut only SOME of his role out due to poor audience response, but it looks like they went back and re-shot the scenes with Stifler's little brother instead. I wonder if the deleted Chris Penn footage as Stifler's dad will make the DVD?
Regards,
Dan

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
OK, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I just wanted to give a shout out to Nick to pick up the new Rolling Stone with the "Girls of American Pie" on the cover... I suspect you will want to save it for a LONG time...
biggrin.gif

Damn Rolling Stone. I've been a subscriber for 25 years, and everytime I think it's time to quit they put something like this in my mailbox!!
cool.gif

------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!
[Edited last by Craig S on August 11, 2001 at 11:43 PM]

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Matthew: I dunno bout you, but i'd be very uncomfortable watching AP2 with my mom... seeing that theres basically the same stuff as American Pie 1...
Craig: OH MY GAWD!
yum.gif
i just saw the cover on the RollingStone website... mmmmm... hot diggety damn! Very good interview...
biggrin.gif

Hmm, i just made $15 mowing the lawn, maybe ill pick up the Ultimate Edition DVD for AP... :)
------------------
menasig.jpg

[Edited last by NickSo on August 12, 2001 at 12:48 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks