Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Does the new SVS driver ship with the end cap?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 jeff peterson

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor

• 678 posts

Posted March 19 2002 - 07:54 PM

I think I remember reading that an SVS new driver beta tester (RAF?) had mentioned that the driver comes with a black protective end cap that prevents over excursion of the cone during shipping. He installed it with the cap; after which Ron mentioned it should be removed prior to installation.

I think I also remember a note that the driver would be shipped with the cap off. I got mine yesterday, installed it without checking for the cap. I tried shining a flashlight down the port of my 25-31PC to see, but I can't tell if the black cap is on or it's just dark at the center of the speaker's spider.

Ron or Tom...can you help? Is the cap there or not? I guess I could always take it back out to check but can't hurt to ask Posted Image

#2 of 7 Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter

• 1,117 posts

Posted March 19 2002 - 10:47 PM

Jeff;

If you shine a flashlight down the tube port, the top of the driver should appear shiny and silver, not black. I can see the shiny surface on my 16-46PC, so you shoudl be able to see it on your 25-31 model.

The best thing to do would be to take apart the sub again and double check. It's the only way to know for certain.

And by the way, that was me who didn't remove the endcap before installation. Posted Image
-J.Fo

#3 of 7 Dan Steffen

Dan Steffen

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted March 19 2002 - 11:38 PM

Mine was shipped without the endcap. You can easily tell if it has the endcap with the flashlight test that Mr. Forner mentioned

#4 of 7 Rick Radford

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor

• 650 posts

Posted March 19 2002 - 11:54 PM

Ditto for mine, Jeff. No endcap.
--RR

#5 of 7 SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter

• 1,074 posts

Posted March 20 2002 - 01:37 AM

Jeff,

Since we realized (like most good, red-blooded, HT enthusiasts) most of you don't read instructions or manuals (guilty, sometimes, myself) we just took each of those caps off before inspecting each driver and packing it.

Hope the driver is working out?

Ron

#6 of 7 Dave Vaughn

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts

Posted March 20 2002 - 02:28 PM

Ron,
I got my driver today. Very nice indeed. Even the wife noticed the difference! She stated that it "sounded a little cleaner" (She is actually learning...I may have to keep her!). Nice upgrade!

PS What is the procedure for returning the driver? Email customer support?
Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
www.hometheater.com

#7 of 7 SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter

• 1,074 posts

Posted March 21 2002 - 01:45 AM

Dave,

Yes, just e-mail us.

Ron