What's new

"A Midnight Clear" is coming from Columbia. My fingers are crossed. (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Just read that this DVD is coming out in June from Columbia on June 4th. This movie is a real sleeper, I recommend it highly.

It better be widescreen!

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Where did you read that, Jay? I hope that it is true, because it's a great WWII film.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Y'all!
Just read at DVDFile that this is coming june 4th!
Cool...... And...Just picked up "Waking the Dead" today for $9.99!!
Peace! D

Dan V

Stunt Coordinator
Great news, I been waiting for the release, very good little known war movie.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
A great WWII movie, released in 1992 before they became "cool" again.

However... I have the laser of this - it's from Columbia and it's full-frame. Given Columbia's recent trend toward releasing full-frame DVDs of smaller titles, I am concerned that this will be another non-OAR release.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I, too, loved this film! When I managed a video store right after high school, I used to recommend this regularly (along with One False Move, my two most often recommended films). Wasn't this Gary Sinise's feature debut?

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
~ Well great news so far at least, I wonder if there's any way we can solicit Columbia for a assured WS release to calm our fears , but it seems that at this point in time it has already been determined. :thumbsdown: :emoji_thumbsup: crossed
I just hope we don't have to start another petition every time a studio doesn't see things in "A Midnight Clear" !
bodymov'n :cool:

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Bill

Since this is a lesser known title, I'm very worried about it's OAR. I urge everyone to sign the petition so that we won't have a future of crossing our fingers and wondering if a title we want will be OAR.

Cary

Stunt Coordinator
The titles that Columbia have recently announced for full frame or p&s release are all comedies or family fare. They obviously are going with some of the market research that says that these titles sell better in that format.

On the other hand, for all serious dramas and arthouse movies, and I would put this one somewhere in between, all of their releases have been OAR. I wouldn't worry a bit.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Cary, but I wouldn't call films such as The Scent of Green Papaya, 84 Charing Cross Road or Cowboy comedies or family fare. You're arguement doesn't hold much weight.

Brian E

Screenwriter
I really want this movie on DVD, but if it's not OAR I won't buy it. Hope they don't mess it up.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
If it is widescreen (and anamorphic, lets not forget that :) ), I will definitely buy it. Otherwise, it will become a Heavenly Creatures sort of victim: a film I desperately, desperately want but won't buy.
Bruce

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
[rant]I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!![/rant]
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-....html#03202002
First up A Midnight Clear, a small film with a passionate following. Unfortunately, that following is likely to be disappointed with this release. Columbia has elected to present it in full frame only with English and French 2.0 surround tracks, and only the trailer and filmographies as extras. Retail is $19.95.
And this was gonna be a birthday present to myself...this absolutely bites.

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
I just signed the ongoing petition to try to address Columbia non-OAR releases. This is the
thread to see where folks are talking about it.
Suffice to say their butchering of this film has REALLY pissed me off.
Cruise on over to sign up, and remember: BE CIVIL ABOUT IT! Nothing will turn them off our efforts quicker than being rude about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks