Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Second set of rears, direct or bipoler speaker?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,263 posts

Posted March 15 2002 - 07:02 PM

Hi all.. Here is my question. I am getting ready to jump into the 7 speaker config for home theater. I have two rears that are bipoler. Due to my perdicament, I will only be able to have the second set in the ceiling. Should I get direct or bipoler for this second set of speakers? I have been looking at the Atlantic Technology THX Bipoler rear in ceiling speakers, but I want to make sure this would be a good choice. ( I currently have A.T. 350 series for the setup) Thanks R~ P.S. Also open to other speaker brands that would be compatable.
My DVD Collection

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Dave Vaughn

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts

Posted March 15 2002 - 09:53 PM

Rhett, I have switchable rears in my 7.1 setup that can go from direct, bipole and dipole. I have tested them in all ways and have found that the dipole sounds the best (at least with my speakers). With direct (other than for music), the sound is too directional and not "diffused" enough to "surround" you. But you will really like 7.1...first movie to pop in is Gladiator!
Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
www.hometheater.com

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,263 posts

Posted March 15 2002 - 10:25 PM

Dave.. That is what I was looking for, my setup will be for 90%movies, 10% music. I can't wait to get them! Thanks R~
My DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users