Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Paradigm or Energy Encore?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Al Jefferson

Al Jefferson

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted March 15 2002 - 12:46 AM

I thought I had made up my mind about getting the Energy Encores to replace my Bose speakers. They got good reviews and look good. Then I ran across a classified ad for a pair of Paradigm mini monitors v.1, Paradigm monitor 7's v.1, and a Paradigm CC350 for $800. If I got the Paradigm's I would buy a sub seperately.
My question is, is their a notable difference between the two as far as looks and sound? Thanks!

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield

Second Unit

• 403 posts

Posted March 15 2002 - 02:56 AM

I've heard great things about the Encore series. I do, however, have (or will within the week) the setup from Paradigm that you speak of. I really love the Monitor 7's which I've had for a little over a year. I'm a bit jealous as I spent $1200 for this setup (v.2) Posted Image If you can, take a listen to each, your ears won't lie.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike Main

Mike Main

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted March 15 2002 - 03:19 AM

Ive had Encores for a year and half and they are very good.
They are in my living room teamed with a Sony receiver. No complaints.. The matched sub provides enough punch to pick up the lows from these satellites.
I might have some pics email or pm if u wanna see

Mike

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   EricHaas

EricHaas

Supporting Actor

• 668 posts

Posted March 15 2002 - 04:27 AM

Is size an issue for you? The Encores obviously have the advantage of compactness.

I own Paradigm Reference and have demoed Paradigm Monitors and the Encore system. The Encore system is THE best system consisting of micro sized speakers anywhere to my ears. They are a cut above the Take 5.2's, which are widely regarded as an outstanding value. That said, I marginally prefer the Paradigm Monitor series sonically. However, those are version 1's and I have only heard the version 2's. Bottom line is that you will not go wrong with either, and for strictly HT purposes it is going to be a toss-up, with music giving a slight nod to the Paradigms. BTW, the Encore's are available online for just south of a grand.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Junie

Junie

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted March 15 2002 - 05:12 AM

The best thing to do is to listen to the speakers and see which one you like best. I'm not familar with the Encore system, but i just brought a pair of the Mini Monitors and WOW!! they sound great! I have no complaints. They have made a world of difference in my system. The only thing is they are not good for putting on a enclosed shelf with the ports on the back the bass will be overenhanced. Great speaker.

PEACE!!!!

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Junie

Junie

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted March 15 2002 - 05:16 AM

OH Yeah I almost forgot.The price is right for the Mini Monitors around 350.00 for the pair I have demoed speakers costing twice as much that don't sound as good (to me).

PEACE!!!

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,550 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted March 15 2002 - 05:59 AM

I have Mini Monitors as my mains (v2) and I am very pleased with them. I am looking for another pair of bookshelf speakers for my second system. I was considering another set of Minis, but I for the price, I am considering some alternatives. The Minis will remain in my main system however, because I am very happy with them.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted March 15 2002 - 06:43 AM

I have this very same Paradigm set up as in the classified ads. I would check to see how long the person has had these. If less than 5 years, I think the warranty will carry-over to the new owner.

I really like the sound of this system. The Monitor 7s are floor-standing speakers, but don't take up all that much space. As everyone else has said, audition them and let your own ears be the judge.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users