What's new

Paradigm or Energy Encore? (1 Viewer)

Al Jefferson

Auditioning
I thought I had made up my mind about getting the Energy Encores to replace my Bose speakers. They got good reviews and look good. Then I ran across a classified ad for a pair of Paradigm mini monitors v.1, Paradigm monitor 7's v.1, and a Paradigm CC350 for $800. If I got the Paradigm's I would buy a sub seperately.

My question is, is their a notable difference between the two as far as looks and sound? Thanks!

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
I've heard great things about the Encore series. I do, however, have (or will within the week) the setup from Paradigm that you speak of. I really love the Monitor 7's which I've had for a little over a year. I'm a bit jealous as I spent $1200 for this setup (v.2) :) If you can, take a listen to each, your ears won't lie.

Mike Main

Stunt Coordinator
Ive had Encores for a year and half and they are very good.

They are in my living room teamed with a Sony receiver. No complaints.. The matched sub provides enough punch to pick up the lows from these satellites.

I might have some pics email or pm if u wanna see

Mike

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
Is size an issue for you? The Encores obviously have the advantage of compactness.

I own Paradigm Reference and have demoed Paradigm Monitors and the Encore system. The Encore system is THE best system consisting of micro sized speakers anywhere to my ears. They are a cut above the Take 5.2's, which are widely regarded as an outstanding value. That said, I marginally prefer the Paradigm Monitor series sonically. However, those are version 1's and I have only heard the version 2's. Bottom line is that you will not go wrong with either, and for strictly HT purposes it is going to be a toss-up, with music giving a slight nod to the Paradigms. BTW, the Encore's are available online for just south of a grand.

Junie

Agent
The best thing to do is to listen to the speakers and see which one you like best. I'm not familar with the Encore system, but i just brought a pair of the Mini Monitors and WOW!! they sound great! I have no complaints. They have made a world of difference in my system. The only thing is they are not good for putting on a enclosed shelf with the ports on the back the bass will be overenhanced. Great speaker.

PEACE!!!!

Junie

Agent
OH Yeah I almost forgot.The price is right for the Mini Monitors around 350.00 for the pair I have demoed speakers costing twice as much that don't sound as good (to me).

PEACE!!!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have Mini Monitors as my mains (v2) and I am very pleased with them. I am looking for another pair of bookshelf speakers for my second system. I was considering another set of Minis, but I for the price, I am considering some alternatives. The Minis will remain in my main system however, because I am very happy with them.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have this very same Paradigm set up as in the classified ads. I would check to see how long the person has had these. If less than 5 years, I think the warranty will carry-over to the new owner.

I really like the sound of this system. The Monitor 7s are floor-standing speakers, but don't take up all that much space. As everyone else has said, audition them and let your own ears be the judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks