What's new

Message post counter (1 Viewer)

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
Just an FYI...I've noticed from time to time that my message post counter doesn't change after several posts, then in continues to increment.
Evidence of this can be seen Here. Paul Dalmaine starts the thread with a count of 666, posts a total of 3 times, and still has...666 posts.
Not like I need to have hundreds of posts recorded...just thought it was worth mentioning.
Thanks for all the hard work on HTF Parker and Ron! :)
-Seth

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Seth--
Any time you read a post--no matter how long ago it was written--it will display the poster's current post count. That's why even if someone has multiple posts in a single thread, they will always have the same post count next to the poster's name. :)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Yeah, the post counts don't go up in a thread so they will show you that member's latest post count. Let's say you post something in a thread, then go to another thread and post something. If you go back to the first thread you posted something in and post again and then go back to the other thread you post in you will see an increase in your posting count in the second thread. If you go back to the first thread it will show you the same number.

In other words it is a global post count number instead of thread specific.

Parker

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Yep, the count next to your name is CURRENT COUNT, not count at the time the post was made. So if you currently have 94 posts, every single post you've ever made will show 94.

-V

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
You know...I feel like such a fool now. Of COURSE it says "posts", not "xxxth post". Disregard this entire thread, except the kudos...

:b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks