What's new

5.1 vs 6.1 vs 7.1 (1 Viewer)

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
In a word, YES!!! I have listened to many things both ways (blind tests with friends as well), and every time people pick the 6.1/7.1 sound as the best sounding. Just my .02.

itai

Stunt Coordinator
setup back surrounds, insert Gladiator dts-es to dvd machine, seat on couch, push the play button.
if a smile doesnt come on your face within the first minues, return the speakers to the dealer.
:D
(if you cant do the above test, the answer is yes)...

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hey Jedd,

I share the other guys' opinion that 6.1/7.1 set ups are better. I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V3200 which is rated at 120watts into 6 channels with a DTS-ES discrete rear center signal. I won't go so far as to say that it's a WAY better audio experience, but it certainly is noticeable. I strongly reccomend this receiver if you're considering an upgrade. Happy experimenting!

Matthew G Hetman

Auditioning
I just recently added the two back channels to my system which uses a Denon 3801. It really added a lot to my enjoyment. This is especially true with the DTS-ES discrete titles like "The Haunting", "Bones" and musically Sheryl Crows new album...

Jedd

Second Unit
Damn, this means I go H/K 520 instead of 320, buying stereo amp and two more speakers. :angry: :D

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
JPIII is the one that did it for me.......7.1 is awesome on that DVD.

Spend a little more now or instantly have "buyer's remorse"...

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
itai answered it best. If you watch Gladiator and hear those arrows flying over your head from behind you, you'll kill for 6.1/7.1.

Users who are viewing this thread