-

Photo

Invaders From Mars

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Zack Scott

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted March 09 2002 - 08:11 AM

Hey, does anyone know if Invaders From Mars has been released on DVD yet? I have the old Image laserdisc from 1994 and unfortunately, my player finally took a crap on me. It was an okay transfer due to limitations on the original negative (ran thru a lawn mower in some parts). But it was a great laserdisc. I'm not talking about the Tobe Hooper mess from the mid 80's I'm talking bout the original from the 50's.

Thanks in advance

NP: Queen's A Night at the Opera.

#2 of 6 Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,467 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted March 09 2002 - 09:17 AM

I read that color separations and other elements are availible for a restoration exist. (Possibly in great condition, too.)

Sadly, the copyright owner, Wade Williams, could care less about the condition of the films he owns from what I've heard...

#3 of 6 Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel

Screenwriter

• 2,284 posts

Posted March 09 2002 - 09:22 AM

The DVD of the original Invaders From Mars has been OOP for a while now.

You can get it from eBay here (click on here Posted Image) if you're willing to pay almost $50 for it.

#4 of 6 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,086 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 09 2002 - 11:46 AM

read this amazing essay written by glenn erickson the dvd savant. it is as he calls it
Quote:
A two-part examination of a Sci Fi classic that, at least in Savant's opinion, should be showing in the Louvre.

facebook.com/whotony

#5 of 6 John Sparks

John Sparks

Supporting Actor

• 818 posts
  • LocationI.E., CA

Posted March 10 2002 - 03:03 AM

The laser was okay. Too many sources were used. It had alot of extras, but could have shown the whole European footage, not just a few minutes of it. Posted Image

The DVD was a piece of crap, but then it could have been a complete movie version in lousy condition. Posted Image
...retired at last...and Ray Harryhausen at my side!!!

My equipment consists of:

Epson 9500 UB PJ; 110" JKP Affinity Screen; Panasonic BD30 Player; Toshiba HDA1 Player; Definitive Speakers(center, towers, rear); Onkyo 608 A/V Receiver; Nevo Q50 Remote; TWC HD Cable Box.

#6 of 6 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 10 2002 - 06:59 AM

Here is a prevous thread where this title's availability is explained in a bit more depth.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?