What's new

***Offical "RESIDENT EVIL" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i am ready for that movie. i will turn my brain off, and enjoy it the way i enjoy pearl harbor.

btw, my definition of bad movie :

if i had turned my brain off and i still didnt like the movie, it is really bad.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Looks pretty suck-full to me. I can't help but laugh when I see the cheap slow-mo of Milla Jovovich kicking the dog.

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
I can't help but laugh when I see the cheap slow-mo of Milla Jovovich kicking the dog.
:laugh: I know, I always have to make a conscious effort to hold the laughter in as the whole scene is pretty absurd.
Although, I will probably see the movie, and will withhold final judgment until I've actually seen it.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
The trailer and the commercials look terrible. But being a fan of the video game series, I'll probably go see it. It couldn't be worse than Street Fighter: The Movie... could it?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I can't help but laugh when I see the cheap slow-mo of Milla Jovovich kicking the dog.
Hey, I liked that part! :laugh:
As a big fan of quality cheeseball horror, I am definitely looking forward to this one! I'll see it a few days before it comes out, so I'll let you know if my high hopes were dashed or not... ;)

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Well, Res Evil is my all-time favorite game series, but the reason I like it is because it's cheeseball horror with violent zombie smackdown :D.
Surely this movie can at least deliver that much... I know Paul Anderson's not the best director on the planet, but he did do Mortal Kombat, which I also liked in that uber-cheesy way. So, if it's MK quality, I'm satisfied.
Like they say, it's a video game based movie, so go in expecting nothing, so you can be surprised if they give you something.
It can't be worse than any recent horror flicks...

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
I think this looks like a good lil popcorn horror film with some nice action and its got Mila Jovovich!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Soldier, Mortal Kombat, .... you bet your ass its gonna suck!
Man, you also forgot Event Horizon which means it will suck ass guaranteed or your money back. :)
I hope this film bombs worse than Screen Gems' last effort Slackers. First, they fired George A. Romero. You're trying to make one of the best zombie films of all time and you fire the only person who can make a great zombie film? Not only that, but you replace him with some no talented hack like Paul Anderson? The only reason to see this film now is to see how hot Milla Jovovich can look when she's kicking ass.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Mortal Kombat sucked on many levels IMO.

I have hope for RE. Early screening reviews were positive and I have been thinking about why the other game movies were bad. FF was bad because it had very little to nothing to do with the games, and Tomb Raider sucked because while it was only connected to the games by the Lara Croft character, it worked in the same vein (run, jump, shoot, repeat) and was very similar. Mortal Kombat killed off all the bad guys and put a storyline to a game that didn't have a storyline (and was pretty badly written). Street Fighter...well....sucked.

So if RE:

1) Has no direct story connections

2) Has no character connections

3) Works in the same vein, but not too close

4) Is coherent

Then it should be good enough. If its well written, not too cheesy, and very violent, then it will be great.

I think the trailers and commercials look pretty good.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Isn't there a nude scene in this little suck ass movie. Hey, Mortal Kombat was a decent movie, now part 2 and Street Fighter really sucked. Acording to a magazine, there will be no connection with the game other than the title and the characters, since the director did not want us to know the ending already.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks