Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Ugh...Bridge to South Padre Island in Texas collapses

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted September 15 2001 - 05:19 PM

http://www.austin360...1/15bridge.html

"PORT ISABEL, Texas — A group of barges smashed a 160-foot section out of the only bridge leading to popular South Padre Island early Saturday..."

------------------
Michael Alletto
Mike's DVD List
Alletto.com

Michael Alletto

#2 of 3 NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted September 15 2001 - 06:17 PM

That sucks... I went to southpadre island a couple years ago, very nice, and quiet, loved it... nice beaches... here in vancouver, the waters always cold and the beaches always crowded... Posted Image

Hehe, i went to the very end of the island with nothing but sand all around, our rental Chevy Malibu got stuck coz my dad tried to drive in the sand... stupid... Posted Image

And i drove like 15 meters! But i was 12, so i didnt know and used my right foot for gas and left for brake... Posted Image

Edit: and the Teen USA awards were held tehre too... Posted Image
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimani...2/ht/index.html

[Edited last by NickSo on September 17, 2001 at 05:18 PM]

#3 of 3 Luis A

Luis A

Second Unit

• 417 posts

Posted September 15 2001 - 07:02 PM

I remember when my family and I used to go to SPI just about every weekend.I lived in CC,F Bluff for a short time and was born in Kingsville.I plan to go next summer, and I'm excited to go home and swim in WARM water for a change.I live in Seattle now, where the water is just too dam cold! Hang in there.
L