What's new

HUGE DVD SALE at overstock.com!!! (1 Viewer)

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
Oh my! did you see? they still have a few copies of the Patch Adams Ultimate Edition for 57% off!!!!

ok, so this was a good pile and since it was my first time ordering i used the $20 off a $60 order coupon. Here's the list of dvds I picked up:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

What Women Want

Being John Malkovich

Alfie

Forrest Gump

these 5 movies for just $47.90 after shipping. Not bad at all.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Just got

Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind

Total Recall

Mississippi Burning

The Killing Fields

Reservoir Dogs

The Hurricane

For $45.89 Shipped!

Comes out to $7.65/DVD, which is unbelieveable.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I just picked up:

toy story 2 pack

x-men

jurassic park

notting hill

patriot

for $49.90 shipped. Very good deal.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
OK, here is mine:

Charlie's Angels

Chicken Run

Men in Black

Unbreakable

Eight Men Out

Being John Malkovich

$46.89, not bad. Thanks.

JoelH

Stunt Coordinator
I went to checkout, but I don't see the discount anywhere. I see that the coupon expires both yesterday and today. Does anyone know which it is? Where should I see the discount listed?

----

Joel

Rohini

Grip
Coupon is still valid. I bought 5 DVDs for $50.00 (incl shipping) just 10 minutes ago. First go to the coupon link and register. Then log onto your account and keep adding to your shopping cart. Once the order total reaches $60.00, you see the $20.00 discount is automatically applied to your order total. You can remove items form you cart at any time.

Jeff_M

Stunt Coordinator
I don't see the coupon kicking in either. I'm at $77.89 and its not taking off $20. Please help quick!!!

Rohini

Grip
I tried now by creating new a/c. It never uses the coupon. I found the following in their site:

------------------------

How do I use a coupon?

To use your coupon, you do not need a special code or number. By clicking on the link on our promotion, your coupon will automatically show up when you place items in your shopping cart and will be deducted from your total when you check out. Once you have clipped a coupon, it will remain on the account until its expiration date. Coupons can only be used in association with the e-mail address you used when you clicked on the link to our promotion. If you visit us another time using another e-mail address, you will not be able to access previous coupons. If you do not see your coupon on your on-screen invoice, please contact us before you place your order.

----------------------------

You may call them (1-800-989-0135) and place your order.

Jeff_M

Stunt Coordinator
Just called the Overstock customer service number. The coupon has apparently expired and that is why it doesn't show up in the shopping cart. I'm surprised that the previous poster was able to take advantage of the deal about an hour ago. They must have just deactivated the coupon. Oh well... the prices on select DVDs are REALLY good. Combined with the coupon, that was a SWEET deal!

Brian E

Screenwriter
Thanks Rohini!

Got Total Recall, Some Like It Hot SE & Killing Fields for $30.92 shipped. Not bad considering it would have been like $54 plus shipping from Amazon.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't be surprised that they deactivated the coupon early. I figure they had a few thousand orders from "new customers" last night on DVDs, PS2s (with the coupon, they were $230 shipped), GBAs (with the coupon, they were $45 shipped), PS2 games and GBA games. They lost anywere from $20,000-$80,000 last night with that particular coupon.

Users who are viewing this thread