Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

To the international members: Thank you for your support!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 Tom-G

Tom-G

Screenwriter

• 1,646 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 01:01 PM

During today's changing of the guards in London, the Queen ordered that the American National Anthem be played. I've also seen people in Germany holding signs and American flags showing support for the USA. Same thing goes for the people in Australia.

Seeing that today was very touching. Thank you to everyone who has shown support for the USA in this time of tragedy. Especially those in England. I can't put into words just how touching that was to see.

#2 of 10 Dwayne

Dwayne

Supporting Actor

• 753 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 01:09 PM

I concur with Tom. It is truly touching to see all the sincere support we are getting from other countries.

------------------
-Dwayne

"And vidi films I would."

Dwayne

#3 of 10 BrettK

BrettK

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 01:36 PM

One of the websites I frequent is Ars Technica, focusing primarily on technology-related news and events.

On a recent message thread there, the sentiment of thanking the world for their support started. The following pictures were posted, taken from around the world. This link is to a mirror of the pictures posted to the thread.
http://coldleaf.org/thankyou.htm

[Edited last by BrettK on September 13, 2001 at 08:37 PM]
i might've been born yesterday
but i stayed up all night

#4 of 10 Dwayne

Dwayne

Supporting Actor

• 753 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 02:53 PM

All I am going to say is that I am overwhelmed by the power of those photographs.

------------------
-Dwayne

"And vidi films I would."

Dwayne

#5 of 10 G Miller

G Miller

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 03:35 PM

I can't fathem to imagine the impact of this tragedy in America, but believe me, here in Australia, I think the outpouring of emotion is as great as I have ever seen. All the commercial television channels were covering this story day and night for the past 3 days, and in Melbourne, the US consulate has been inundated with flowers and messages of sorrow. This has spread much, much further than America, and I feel total grief for everybody who has been effected.
I hate living in R4........More Expensive HT equiptmentDVD titles released 12 months after R1

#6 of 10 Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,545 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 04:09 PM

Just when I thought I couldn't feel anymore (too numb) I saw the footage of the National Anthem being played in front of Buckingham Palace, and the British (as well as Americans in Britain) showing their love and support for their fellow humans--this tragedy truly knows no nationality. Tears welled up again.

If there's anything positive at all at this time, it's the fact that people are coming together in a way I've never seen in my short 27 year lifespan.

#7 of 10 andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,766 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 07:25 PM

Folks, the flags are even flying at half mast in *Moscow* and the Russians will observe a minute's silence today (along with Britian and indeed most of Europe).

Incidentally, according to one news report I read yesterday, the idea for the American national anthem being played was the Queen's.

#8 of 10 Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie

Producer

• 3,634 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 07:31 PM

This is actually going to be a three minute silence, across all 43 European countries (possibly more) at 11:00BST
http://news.bbc.co.u....00/1543643.stm
No longer here.

#9 of 10 Mitty

Mitty

Supporting Actor

• 885 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 07:46 PM

From a Yahoo Canada article

Quote:
Chretien asked Canadians to join in a national day of mourning on Friday in a show of solidarity "for American friends and the families of the Canadian victims." U.S. Ambassador Paul Cellucci was invited to participate in a ceremony at noon on Friday on Parliament Hill in Ottawa.

#10 of 10 Tom-G

Tom-G

Screenwriter

• 1,646 posts

Posted September 15 2001 - 08:36 AM

Just to show some more examples of international support, today in England, there was a moment of silent before a soccer game.

I wasn't able to attend any of the masses yesterday, but what I saw on television made once again tear-up.

------------------
Posted Image