Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

PAL on PC

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Dominik Droscher

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor

• 532 posts

Posted August 26 2001 - 04:54 AM

I have a question that i had in my mind for a long time now. As I watch my DVDs over my HTPC (on my monitor) I always asked myself if it is possible (or already done) to simply play the movie with 24 frames/sec instead of the 1 frame speedup. Theoretically this should be possible but I don't know how much MPEG2 does play a role in this and if software players would integrate a feature like this.

Does anyone know more about this topic?

------------------
-Dominik Dröscher ICQ: 25318265
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   John DeLuca

John DeLuca

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts

Posted August 27 2001 - 10:51 AM

WinDVD 3.0 was supposed to have a setting I believe to adjsut for PAL speedup but I haven't heard from anyone if this option is included. I haven't tried it yet so I'm not sure. Anyone using WinDVD 3 that can verify this?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Dominik Droscher

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor

• 532 posts

Posted August 29 2001 - 12:59 AM

I just tried WinDVD and I didn't find that anything PAL related. There is this (useless but funny) time strech feature which plays your movie twice as fast or slow with decent audio but that's it. But thanks for the tip John.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users