Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The Dolemite Collection on Mar 19th!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   ReggieW

ReggieW

Screenwriter

• 1,574 posts

Posted March 04 2002 - 08:15 PM

Hello jive suckas.

One of the 70's baddest dudes is coming to DVD. This collection is currently available for pre-order at Amazon for 52.00, but I don't know what's included in the collection (the description lists seven discs). I only liked the first two films, but I might stretch for the set. Hopefully they will leave "Shaolin Dolemite" out of it. Ya dig it?

RegPosted Image
More Harlow on DVD Now! - Red Dust, Bombshell, Hold Your Man, Saratoga, The Iron Man, Goldie, The Secret Six, Beast of the City, Three Wise Girls, Reckless, Personal Property, Riff-raff, Suzy & Girl from Missouri

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,026 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 04 2002 - 09:08 PM

Wow! Posted Image Wonder what kind of extras, if any, there'll be? I'll be watching details on this release with GREAT interest! Is it a Rudy Ray Moore collection (Monkey Hustle, Petey Wheatstraw, etc.)...or strictly Dolemite films? I didn't know there wre seven Dolemite films.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,173 posts

Posted March 04 2002 - 11:00 PM

The Dolemite films have been available separately for quite some time-- but are extremely lacking in transfers and special features. I have 'Dolemite," but held on to my old '80's version of "The Human Tornado" as the one that's currently available on VHS and DVD is edited (the gay guy who gives Dolemite "a ride for a ride!" is gone and the infamous sandwich-eating cutaway while Dolemite is busy pleasuring his gal has also been excised). The classic Dolemite films on DVD are Dolemite / The Human Tornado / Petey Wheatstraw / Disco Godfather. Monkey Hustle may be forthcoming from MGM.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Adam Buchsbaum

Adam Buchsbaum

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted March 05 2002 - 10:38 AM

I saw the first Dolemite movie years ago. I distinctly remember seeing the boom mic visible in almost half the shots! Maybe letterboxing it will mask off that information Posted Image

"You rat soup-eating honkey muthaf******!"

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Kent Nelson

Kent Nelson

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted March 05 2002 - 11:04 AM

I have the older Dolemite and Human Tornado DVDs from a couple years ago - are these newer ones going to be different? Dolemite is ok, but the Human Tornado looks like someone is fast forwarding all of the fight scenes - is this how it was supposed to be? The Human Tornado trailer shows some of the action sequences playing fine, but the full length DVD is hard to watch.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,173 posts

Posted March 05 2002 - 11:41 AM

Kent, The Human Tornado fight scenes all look sped up because Rudy Ray wanted to hide the fact that he couldn't fight -- and is fat and slow to boot! One of the appeals of the movie is that the fight scenes are so awful (and unlike most of the other mind-bending aspects of the film, I don't think they're supposed to be deliberately bad!).

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,386 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted July 27 2005 - 05:03 PM

HAs anyone actually gotten this set? I see it is still available. I've always wanted to check these out, and it's a decent price. How is the quality? Are they all uncut?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users