What's new

The Dolemite Collection on Mar 19th! (1 Viewer)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Hello jive suckas.
One of the 70's baddest dudes is coming to DVD. This collection is currently available for pre-order at Amazon for 52.00, but I don't know what's included in the collection (the description lists seven discs). I only liked the first two films, but I might stretch for the set. Hopefully they will leave "Shaolin Dolemite" out of it. Ya dig it?
Reg:D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow! :cool: Wonder what kind of extras, if any, there'll be? I'll be watching details on this release with GREAT interest! Is it a Rudy Ray Moore collection (Monkey Hustle, Petey Wheatstraw, etc.)...or strictly Dolemite films? I didn't know there wre seven Dolemite films.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
The Dolemite films have been available separately for quite some time-- but are extremely lacking in transfers and special features. I have 'Dolemite," but held on to my old '80's version of "The Human Tornado" as the one that's currently available on VHS and DVD is edited (the gay guy who gives Dolemite "a ride for a ride!" is gone and the infamous sandwich-eating cutaway while Dolemite is busy pleasuring his gal has also been excised).

The classic Dolemite films on DVD are Dolemite / The Human Tornado / Petey Wheatstraw / Disco Godfather. Monkey Hustle may be forthcoming from MGM.

I saw the first Dolemite movie years ago. I distinctly remember seeing the boom mic visible in almost half the shots! Maybe letterboxing it will mask off that information :D
"You rat soup-eating honkey muthaf******!"

Kent Nelson

Agent
I have the older Dolemite and Human Tornado DVDs from a couple years ago - are these newer ones going to be different? Dolemite is ok, but the Human Tornado looks like someone is fast forwarding all of the fight scenes - is this how it was supposed to be? The Human Tornado trailer shows some of the action sequences playing fine, but the full length DVD is hard to watch.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Kent,

The Human Tornado fight scenes all look sped up because Rudy Ray wanted to hide the fact that he couldn't fight -- and is fat and slow to boot! One of the appeals of the movie is that the fight scenes are so awful (and unlike most of the other mind-bending aspects of the film, I don't think they're supposed to be deliberately bad!).

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
HAs anyone actually gotten this set? I see it is still available. I've always wanted to check these out, and it's a decent price. How is the quality? Are they all uncut?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks