What's new

Denon 1802 - click/tick/crackle/pop noise when Volume turned up/down (1 Viewer)

Derek_R

Auditioning
Just bought a brand new Denon 1802 receiver on Saturday and after setting it up and testing it, I noticed that when I turn the volume up or down I can sometimes hear a clicking noise through the speakers.

I can oddly reproduce this easily by switching to any audio/video source, changing the DSP to Rock Arena and turning up the volume to +2 and then going to +3 where a little pop noise is heard through the speakers. Its as if the popping noise is created at certain volume levels.

Can someone else that has this Denon 1802 try this and see if they have the same problem? Doesn't need to be an audio source playing, you could switch it to your DVD player and hit pause.

I can replicate this in pure stereo and other DSP modes as well, just at different volume levels (not always +2 and +3). Just a little thing but it annoys me none the less.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Derek,

I have an 1802 and tried what you said. I couldn't hear anything from 2 ft away from my speakers. If I got really close I could hear a slight click when I raised the volume. Not as audible as you seem to suggest. I am driving my front three channels with an Acurus 200x3 so may not be an comparison.

Derek_R

Auditioning
Ahh. Was the tick at the same volume level each time?

Am I just being anal about it?

Alexis

Stunt Coordinator
It occurs on my 1602 too. It seems to be the same volume tic regardless of the background volume, so you hear it more at low volumes, and only when I am very close to the speaker and listening for it.

Derek_R

Auditioning
Ahh ok, so I am not alone here. I agree, the tick is at the same volume, regardless of what volume is set to.

Do you find it ticks at the same volume level every time?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks