What's new

Millennium (1 Viewer)

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
I understand this has been brought up in older threads, but does anyone have even the slightest amount of info concerning Chris Carter's other series,Millennium, coming to DVD?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
It was mentioned in the Fox chat WAY back when,and they did say its hopeful for the future, but nothing has been said since that I know of.

Michel Saucier

Auditioning
Digital Bits rumor mill said it would be coming out this year. I hope so! I like this series more than X-Files! But Babylon 5 is still my favorite!!

Michel

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It would be nice if Fox could give us some info on a possible Millennium season #1 release for later this year. I am SO looking forward to this. In light of there low price on the 24 season#1 set. I would hope that when Millennium is released it would be in the same price range aswell.

Lloyd White

Stunt Coordinator
Ugh, I don't wanna wait that long. BTW, I think Millenium commands the full 100$ price as a series, even though I'd love to buy it at 50$. Millenium at times was as good as X-Files at its peak. It certainly was more disturbing. These tv box sets are going to put me under, just with the ones they are releasing now, but this is what I have always wanted.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I would also love to see this one. I am becoming a huge fan of tv shows on dvd.... really getting addicted to it. Lets hope it comes before the end of the X-Files series... still 4 more seasons to go... at that rate we would have to wait 2 more years!

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I'd love to get the first two seasons of Millennium on DVD, but Carter can keep the 3rd season to himself since he screwed it up so bad. :)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
this one went 3 seasons I take it... I cought only very few episodes in the early morning hours on FX when I wasn't able to sleep.... what I saw looked to be an excellent show. Thats why I hope to be able to catch the whole series on DVD soon!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It's good to see people still with interest in millennium. I think this is one title that if we don't persist it could fall through the cracks. Considering in the htf chat last year it was suppose to be coming and we have not heard anything since. Let's hope FOX is smart and release this soon.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Does anyone still want this show as bad as i do ?
I was looking at the bits rumour mill today that supposedly lists fox's entire tv product for remainder of 2003 and once again no sign of Millennium this would make it the 2nd straight year that fox has mentioned it would be released late in the year with nothing happening. It's not the end of the world but its dissapointing. :frowning:

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Every time I see a Millennium thread on this forum, I get my hopes up. I really would like to see this excellent show on DVD sometime in the near future.

Adam T

Agent
They been saying for years that MillenniuM was coming. Still no MillenniuM! Since the show is no longer on television it should be put on DVD. Great show deserves a great DVD!

I hope Chris Carter is pushing FOX to release all three seasons!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
and depending on how that sells we will release subsequent seasons. If it was filmed in 16x9 it will be released in 16x9!
Things change, of course...but Peter was optimistic less than six months ago. And I've seen no reason that we should let go of that hope...it's early in the year yet!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
There's no way that list is complete.

No Simpsons S3 (should be out in July)

No Firefly (should be out before the end of the year)

No Malcolm in the Middle S2 (should be out before the end of the year)

These were just titles that Amazon.com is taking preorders for. Honestly, I don't know where the information is coming from since it isn't even posted to their retail site yet.

BTW - Joshua Lane from AnimatedBliss.com was the one that sent me the entire list, so he deserves the credit for sniffing these titles out.

Gord

Swell....and just after I negotiated a hefty price to buy a complete set of the Japanese laserdiscs.
I do hope it's released on DVD as well...then I could watch it without the Japanese subtitles :)
John

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Gord, I gave Joshua credit in the other thread. I neglected to do so here....sorry.

I basically connected your name to the Digital Bits thing to pick up on what else we had discussed.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
David & Gord thanks for clearing that up i appreciate it. Sounds like there is still hope for millennium this year afterall. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Gary Harris

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy all three seasons. I've got all the episodes on tape (to tide me over for now) but wouldn't thing twice to go for the DVDs. BTW I liked Season 1 but thought season 2 was much better. The last episode of season 2 (The Time is Now) is for me, as good as TV can get. Season 3 is kind of a mixed bag but still very enjoyable. The final episode of season 3 (Goodbye to All That) is outstanding.

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
The last episode of season 2 (The Time is Now) is for me, as good as TV can get.
I couldn't agree more. I can still remember the incredible rush I felt after watching that episode on it's original broadcast. Easily one of the best things I've ever seen done with any TV series. From what I recall, Morgan and the other creative forces thought that the show wouldn't be renewed for a 3rd season so they went all out and pushed the envelope to it's limit. Pretty incredible stuff. Of course, the show did come back for a 3rd year which kind of hurt that second season finale in retrospect, but still, on it's own, excellent.

Kind of reminds me of "Beneath the Planet of the Apes" where the producers said just "blow up the world at the end" because they were sure they wouldn't be making a third film. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks