Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Millennium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Graham

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted March 03 2002 - 11:53 AM

I understand this has been brought up in older threads, but does anyone have even the slightest amount of info concerning Chris Carter's other series,Millennium, coming to DVD?

#2 of 33 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted March 03 2002 - 01:28 PM

It was mentioned in the Fox chat WAY back when,and they did say its hopeful for the future, but nothing has been said since that I know of.

#3 of 33 OFFLINE   Michel Saucier

Michel Saucier

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted March 05 2002 - 08:05 AM

Digital Bits rumor mill said it would be coming out this year. I hope so! I like this series more than X-Files! But Babylon 5 is still my favorite!!

Michel
"Michel..like Michelle..only not spelt the same." [borrowed from The Green Mile]

#4 of 33 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted July 07 2002 - 02:45 PM

It would be nice if Fox could give us some info on a possible Millennium season #1 release for later this year. I am SO looking forward to this. In light of there low price on the 24 season#1 set. I would hope that when Millennium is released it would be in the same price range aswell.

#5 of 33 OFFLINE   Christopher_J_F

Christopher_J_F

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted July 07 2002 - 06:24 PM

Perhaps after they release the final X-Files set?
-SplatterTwitch138

Industrial, Punk & Vodka...

#6 of 33 OFFLINE   Lloyd White

Lloyd White

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted July 07 2002 - 08:06 PM

Ugh, I don't wanna wait that long. BTW, I think Millenium commands the full 100$ price as a series, even though I'd love to buy it at 50$. Millenium at times was as good as X-Files at its peak. It certainly was more disturbing. These tv box sets are going to put me under, just with the ones they are releasing now, but this is what I have always wanted.
My DVD Owned List
My DVD Wish List
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

#7 of 33 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted July 07 2002 - 11:59 PM

I would also love to see this one. I am becoming a huge fan of tv shows on dvd.... really getting addicted to it. Lets hope it comes before the end of the X-Files series... still 4 more seasons to go... at that rate we would have to wait 2 more years!

#8 of 33 OFFLINE   Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor

• 680 posts

Posted July 08 2002 - 04:11 AM

I'd love to get the first two seasons of Millennium on DVD, but Carter can keep the 3rd season to himself since he screwed it up so bad. Posted Image
Jeff Kohn
http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn
My DVD Profiler Collection

#9 of 33 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted July 08 2002 - 12:00 PM

I for one will be extremely happy to have all 3 seasons in my collection. What can I say, I'm a completist.Posted Image
Recently watched- Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia, Bloodlust: Subspecies III, Gorky Park, The Last Man On Earth(1964), Lost: Season 6, Transformers Age Of Extinction 3D, The World's End, Toy Story Of Terror!, X-Men: Days Of Future Past 3D, Bloodstone: Subspecies II, Snowpiercer

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2

Irina Asanova - "KGB have better cars, you know."
Arkady Renko - "Ah, but they don't always take you where you want to go, do they?"

#10 of 33 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted July 08 2002 - 12:37 PM

this one went 3 seasons I take it... I cought only very few episodes in the early morning hours on FX when I wasn't able to sleep.... what I saw looked to be an excellent show. Thats why I hope to be able to catch the whole series on DVD soon!

#11 of 33 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted July 08 2002 - 03:01 PM

It's good to see people still with interest in millennium. I think this is one title that if we don't persist it could fall through the cracks. Considering in the htf chat last year it was suppose to be coming and we have not heard anything since. Let's hope FOX is smart and release this soon.

#12 of 33 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 02:29 PM

Does anyone still want this show as bad as i do ?

I was looking at the bits rumour mill today that supposedly lists fox's entire tv product for remainder of 2003 and once again no sign of Millennium this would make it the 2nd straight year that fox has mentioned it would be released late in the year with nothing happening. It's not the end of the world but its dissapointing. Posted Image

#13 of 33 OFFLINE   Todd Stout

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 02:37 PM

Every time I see a Millennium thread on this forum, I get my hopes up. I really would like to see this excellent show on DVD sometime in the near future.

#14 of 33 OFFLINE   Adam T

Adam T

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 02:46 PM

They been saying for years that MillenniuM was coming. Still no MillenniuM! Since the show is no longer on television it should be put on DVD. Great show deserves a great DVD!

I hope Chris Carter is pushing FOX to release all three seasons!

#15 of 33 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 01:54 AM

Quote:
I was looking at the bits rumour mill today that supposedly lists fox's entire tv product for remainder of 2003...

Note that Bill says "Thanks to Gord L. for alerting us to this."...that's Gord Lacey, owner of TVShowsOnDVD.com

Gord also told me separately "I don't think this is all we're going to see from Fox"...and he was making a rather low-key statement when he phrased it that way.

There is a LOT more decision-making going on at Fox. I think you can consider this "the no-brainer list", the stuff that has already had a street date decided on...and that there is still a substantial list of things that they are making decisions about when - and in some cases, if - it will be released.

Millenium, like Firefly and Time Tunnel, could be in the middle of production, and just not be far along yet to decide what the proper release date is. Chin up...good things come to those who wait.

And don't forget Peter Staddon's words at the last chat:

{michaelsliger} Any chance of a status update for the "Millennium: Season 1" box set? Is the rumored "late 2003" release date realistic? Has any work been started to prep the episodes yet (hopefully 16x9 widescreen if that season was shot in that manner)?

{peterstaddon} That is another tv series I would love to see on DVD. The first two seasons were outstanding. I think you will see season 1 in 2003 and depending on how that sells we will release subsequent seasons. If it was filmed in 16x9 it will be released in 16x9!

Things change, of course...but Peter was optimistic less than six months ago. And I've seen no reason that we should let go of that hope...it's early in the year yet!

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#16 of 33 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 03:28 AM

There's no way that list is complete.

No Simpsons S3 (should be out in July)
No Firefly (should be out before the end of the year)
No Malcolm in the Middle S2 (should be out before the end of the year)

These were just titles that Amazon.com is taking preorders for. Honestly, I don't know where the information is coming from since it isn't even posted to their retail site yet.

BTW - Joshua Lane from AnimatedBliss.com was the one that sent me the entire list, so he deserves the credit for sniffing these titles out.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#17 of 33 OFFLINE   John Medeiros

John Medeiros

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 03:43 AM

Swell....and just after I negotiated a hefty price to buy a complete set of the Japanese laserdiscs.

I do hope it's released on DVD as well...then I could watch it without the Japanese subtitles Posted Image

John
John Medeiros
wishbook@adelphia.net
http://users.adelphia.net/~wishbook/

#18 of 33 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 03:44 AM

Gord, I gave Joshua credit in the other thread. I neglected to do so here....sorry.

I basically connected your name to the Digital Bits thing to pick up on what else we had discussed.

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#19 of 33 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 04:35 AM

David & Gord thanks for clearing that up i appreciate it. Sounds like there is still hope for millennium this year afterall. I will keep my fingers crossed.

#20 of 33 OFFLINE   Gary Harris

Gary Harris

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 04:21 PM

I would buy all three seasons. I've got all the episodes on tape (to tide me over for now) but wouldn't thing twice to go for the DVDs. BTW I liked Season 1 but thought season 2 was much better. The last episode of season 2 (The Time is Now) is for me, as good as TV can get. Season 3 is kind of a mixed bag but still very enjoyable. The final episode of season 3 (Goodbye to All That) is outstanding.