What's new

WTC Recent News (1 Viewer)

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
I haven't seen an unlocked thread so here:
Drudge has a few things.
Possible hijacker body found, stewardess found with hands tied behind back.
http://www.skynews.co.uk/skynews/sto...029328,00.html
Also, someone got some pics while evacuating one of the WTC towers. Site is unavailable now, hopefully up soon.
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...atestheadlines
Also, One Liberty Plaza top 10 floors buckling. I heard on CNN this morning that the owners toured the building with enginneers and declared it safe and not in danger. Riiiiight!
------------------
Scott's Link Removed - By Appointment Only
[Edited last by Scott DeToffol on September 13, 2001 at 01:54 PM]

todd s

Senior HTF Member
They have just found 5 fire fighters alive in an suv. 2 of them walked away.

David Oliver

Second Unit
Is it true that the firefighters they found were so insulated, although trapped that they didn't even realize the building had collapsed around them?

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
From CNN: Turkish military sources said the United States has bolstered its presence at an air base near the Iraqi border.
~Edwin

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
From CBS News: FBI to release photographs of all 18 identified terrorists this afternoon.
~Edwin
[Edited last by Edwin Pereyra on September 13, 2001 at 03:56 PM]

Richard Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
Oh shit:
"Meanwhile, the report of five firefighters trapped since Tuesday in a sport utility vehicle and rescued Thursday is not true, a fire spokeswoman tells CNN.
It was not immediately known how the report began circulating, but it also underscores the mass confusion throughout the city. Police had initially said the rescue happened." CNN website
BBC website also saying only 2 rescued.
I'm still sure many more will be pulled out alive though.
Pentagon plane balck box 'giving signals' (BBC & CNN websites)
Pennsylvania crash site black box reportedly found (BBC website ticker, no confirmation as yet)
[Edited last by Richard Cooper on September 13, 2001 at 04:20 PM]

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Evidently 5 rescue workers fell into some sort of hole in the rubble; it is believed their footing collapsed underneath them. When they were pulled out, and taken to an area hospital to attend to some injuries, it was misconstrued by many - the police, other rescuers, and hospital attendants - as a miraculous rescue of trapped rescuers from Tuesday.
Very disheartening.

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
According To ABC News in Los Angeles...there is a bomb threat in the San Diego Zoo and a suspicous package was found in the Capitol.
Scary

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
According to the Sand Diego Cbs Website-
No bomb or other suspicious activity was discovered at the San Diego Zoo. It was evacuated as a precaution as was Roosevelt Middle School. The students were moved to Birney Elementary.
There are no other current warnings at any San Diego locations
Thank God

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Anyone heard information about Bin Laden and his bank accounts in Saudi Arabia? Supposedly, he's financing his efforts via Saudi oil sales. This is total rumor, as I've heard it from local people. I hear these very general statements and like to follow up on them. I thought that this would be a good place to start. Thanks.
------------------
My Top 10 of 2000 My Top 10 of 2001

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
My understanding, not necessarily correct, is that he and the Saudi Royal Family do not get along. My understanding is that he wants to topple them and they have about the same feelings toward him as many of the rest of us do.
I'm assuming from this that he doesn't have money in the country anymore.
I agree, freezing all of the assets of these terroriests so they have nothing to finance their efforts with might put a damper on thier activities, though probably not much of one.
Deane

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Earlier this year I returned to the states after serving a 2 year tour at the above mentioned Turkish-US Air Base (Incirlik Air Base in South-Eastern Turkey).
Most of the air strikes we conduct on Iraq are originated from this base in Turkey. I suppose this base could also be used as a starting point for any attacks made on Afghanistan, or somewhere else (Iraq), should we decide to do so.
Both the United States and the British already had a pretty large presence there anyway - with F16's, F15's, Tankers, Refuelers, along with various US Navy aircraft and British Fighter jets as well.
This might be a story to keep an eye on in the next few days.....
God Bless
[Edited last by Michael D. Bunting on September 13, 2001 at 05:46 PM]

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Just got this from CNN.com
BREAKING NEWS: U.S. Capitol being evacuated; New York airports shut down. Details soon.

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
NBC is now saying it was a phoned in bomb threat. Bomb sniffing dogs apparently reacted somewhat as if they found something and the building was evacuated.
It apparently turned out to be a hoax.
Deane

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I think all the hoaxsters should be added to the growing list of targeted terrorists. Their actions of crying wolf do not help the security of their fellow Americans.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
I agree. Bomb hoaxes should become a much higher crime even than they currently are. This stuff is not something to full around with.
By the way, NBC just released a new poll that shows that 83% of the American people support all out war in response to this attack on the US, even if it is a prolonged war.
Deane

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Radio reports in LA are saying that 3 Saudi men posing as crewmen were detained in LaGuardia. 2 men set off INS alerts trying to get on a Saudi airline in Kennedy.
News websites are starting to report people being detained- so it's hard to tell yet what's really fact or not.
If it is true, how nuts are these guys? I guess nothing is going to deter them, no matter how much security we put up.
[Edited last by Chuck Schick on September 13, 2001 at 07:32 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks