-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

WTC Recent News

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 of 49 Scott DeToffol

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 06:54 AM

I haven't seen an unlocked thread so here:

Drudge has a few things.

Possible hijacker body found, stewardess found with hands tied behind back.

http://www.skynews.c....029328,00.html

Also, someone got some pics while evacuating one of the WTC towers. Site is unavailable now, hopefully up soon.

http://www.ananova.c....atestheadlines

Also, One Liberty Plaza top 10 floors buckling. I heard on CNN this morning that the owners toured the building with enginneers and declared it safe and not in danger. Riiiiight!

------------------
Scott's Home Theater - By Appointment Only

[Edited last by Scott DeToffol on September 13, 2001 at 01:54 PM]

#2 of 49 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,876 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 07:13 AM

They have just found 5 fire fighters alive in an suv. 2 of them walked away.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#3 of 49 David Oliver

David Oliver

Second Unit

• 332 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 07:44 AM

Is it true that the firefighters they found were so insulated, although trapped that they didn't even realize the building had collapsed around them?
Go Packers!!!
My DVD Collection

#4 of 49 Dana Fillhart

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor

• 978 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 08:12 AM

Found this link on Drudge...

http://biz.yahoo.com...13111180_1.html

Interesting quote by Mr. Potts (which I won't copy here).
DVDs (24 Feb 2006): Discs - 2579, Titles - 1688 (Avg. 17 Titles/Month) • Films I've Seen: 20052004200320022001

#5 of 49 Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra

Producer

• 3,501 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 08:22 AM

From CNN: Turkish military sources said the United States has bolstered its presence at an air base near the Iraqi border.

~Edwin

DVD Unwind: Paradise Now (Coming) • King Kong - - • KeaneThe Squid And The WhaleA History Of ViolenceHarry Potter and the Goblet of FireThe Best Of Youth (Italy) • Good Night And Good LuckHowl's Moving CastleWalk The Line - - • ZathuraNorth Country

#6 of 49 Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra

Producer

• 3,501 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 08:56 AM

From CBS News: FBI to release photographs of all 18 identified terrorists this afternoon.

~Edwin

[Edited last by Edwin Pereyra on September 13, 2001 at 03:56 PM]
DVD Unwind: Paradise Now (Coming) • King Kong - - • KeaneThe Squid And The WhaleA History Of ViolenceHarry Potter and the Goblet of FireThe Best Of Youth (Italy) • Good Night And Good LuckHowl's Moving CastleWalk The Line - - • ZathuraNorth Country

#7 of 49 Richard Cooper

Richard Cooper

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 09:04 AM

Oh shit:

"Meanwhile, the report of five firefighters trapped since Tuesday in a sport utility vehicle and rescued Thursday is not true, a fire spokeswoman tells CNN.

It was not immediately known how the report began circulating, but it also underscores the mass confusion throughout the city. Police had initially said the rescue happened." CNN website

BBC website also saying only 2 rescued.

I'm still sure many more will be pulled out alive though.

Pentagon plane balck box 'giving signals' (BBC & CNN websites)

Pennsylvania crash site black box reportedly found (BBC website ticker, no confirmation as yet)

[Edited last by Richard Cooper on September 13, 2001 at 04:20 PM]

#8 of 49 Mitty

Mitty

Supporting Actor

• 885 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 09:34 AM

Evidently 5 rescue workers fell into some sort of hole in the rubble; it is believed their footing collapsed underneath them. When they were pulled out, and taken to an area hospital to attend to some injuries, it was misconstrued by many - the police, other rescuers, and hospital attendants - as a miraculous rescue of trapped rescuers from Tuesday.

Very disheartening.

#9 of 49 Zack Scott

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 09:52 AM

According To ABC News in Los Angeles...there is a bomb threat in the San Diego Zoo and a suspicous package was found in the Capitol.

Scary

#10 of 49 Zack Scott

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 10:16 AM

According to the Sand Diego Cbs Website-

No bomb or other suspicious activity was discovered at the San Diego Zoo. It was evacuated as a precaution as was Roosevelt Middle School. The students were moved to Birney Elementary.

There are no other current warnings at any San Diego locations

Thank God

#11 of 49 John Thomas

John Thomas

Screenwriter

• 2,636 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 10:30 AM

Anyone heard information about Bin Laden and his bank accounts in Saudi Arabia? Supposedly, he's financing his efforts via Saudi oil sales. This is total rumor, as I've heard it from local people. I hear these very general statements and like to follow up on them. I thought that this would be a good place to start. Thanks.

------------------
My Top 10 of 2000 My Top 10 of 2001

#12 of 49 Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 10:37 AM

My understanding, not necessarily correct, is that he and the Saudi Royal Family do not get along. My understanding is that he wants to topple them and they have about the same feelings toward him as many of the rest of us do.

I'm assuming from this that he doesn't have money in the country anymore.

I agree, freezing all of the assets of these terroriests so they have nothing to finance their efforts with might put a damper on thier activities, though probably not much of one.

Deane

#13 of 49 Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter

• 1,835 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 10:45 AM

Earlier this year I returned to the states after serving a 2 year tour at the above mentioned Turkish-US Air Base (Incirlik Air Base in South-Eastern Turkey).

Most of the air strikes we conduct on Iraq are originated from this base in Turkey. I suppose this base could also be used as a starting point for any attacks made on Afghanistan, or somewhere else (Iraq), should we decide to do so.

Both the United States and the British already had a pretty large presence there anyway - with F16's, F15's, Tankers, Refuelers, along with various US Navy aircraft and British Fighter jets as well.

This might be a story to keep an eye on in the next few days.....

God Bless

[Edited last by Michael D. Bunting on September 13, 2001 at 05:46 PM]

#14 of 49 Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter

• 1,835 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 10:47 AM

Just got this from CNN.com

BREAKING NEWS: U.S. Capitol being evacuated; New York airports shut down. Details soon.

#15 of 49 Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 10:54 AM

NBC is now saying it was a phoned in bomb threat. Bomb sniffing dogs apparently reacted somewhat as if they found something and the building was evacuated.

It apparently turned out to be a hoax.

Deane

#16 of 49 Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter

• 1,565 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 11:05 AM

I think all the hoaxsters should be added to the growing list of targeted terrorists. Their actions of crying wolf do not help the security of their fellow Americans.

------------------
Bill Posted Image

Posted Image
~Bill

#17 of 49 Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 11:26 AM

I agree. Bomb hoaxes should become a much higher crime even than they currently are. This stuff is not something to full around with.

By the way, NBC just released a new poll that shows that 83% of the American people support all out war in response to this attack on the US, even if it is a prolonged war.

Deane

#18 of 49 Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor

• 901 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 11:37 AM

False bomb threats are a very serious crime, punishable by significant jail time. Perhaps the President should condemn these actions publicly.
My blog: Andrew Hamm: (Title Changes Regularly)

The 2008-2009 Richmond Shakespeare Theatre

Hamlet October 17 - November 9A Christmas Carol for Two Actors December 11 - 21Amadeus February 12 - March 8Cymbeline April 16 - May 10

#19 of 49 Chuck Schick

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted September 13 2001 - 12:31 PM

Radio reports in LA are saying that 3 Saudi men posing as crewmen were detained in LaGuardia. 2 men set off INS alerts trying to get on a Saudi airline in Kennedy.

News websites are starting to report people being detained- so it's hard to tell yet what's really fact or not.

If it is true, how nuts are these guys? I guess nothing is going to deter them, no matter how much security we put up.

[Edited last by Chuck Schick on September 13, 2001 at 07:32 PM]

#20 of 49 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,087 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 13 2001 - 12:31 PM

Was anyone else deeply moved, when, at the changing of the guards ceremony in London, the band played 'Stars and Stripes Forever', apparently by request of the Queen herself?

------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist