What's new

Japanese Xbox Controller Availablity (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I found these at Lik-Sang for what seemed like a very fair price ($39.99) until you added in $15 for shipping. I also found one on Ebay bidding at ~$40.

Anyone seen these anywhere else? I just want to weigh my options before dropping $15 on shipping the thing.

Thanks,

Camp

Senior HTF Member
One more thing:

I haven't purchased much import stuff (a few games). I was hoping some of you with greater import experience could comment on the chance that prices will drop for the Xbox controller.

It's my understanding that the extra controllers sell for a US equivellant of ~$25 in Japan. If that's true I assume we're seeing higher import prices due to it being a new item?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
There's always an inherent mark-up on import games if you go via third parties like Lik Sang, NCS etc.
NCS (based in New York) were doing preorders for $45 + shipping.
The Rage (another good US based importer) are doing gray pads for $38+shipping.
Tronix are doing them for $39.95 (+shipping) both colours, allegedly instock right now.
I haven't done business with The Rage, but they've got a good rep around the import game scene. NCS & Tronix are outstanding - NCS have a *great* rep, great customer service. I've spent a LOT of money with Tronix over the years - they were my main supplier when I was back in the UK.
How much are the US official pads, $35? I wouldn't expect the price to drop below $40 to be honest. Despite the apparent $15 mark up, you've got to factor in the cost of shipping them over, import duty on them, and whatever profit the company makes off them. In fact, I would have expected them to be around $50 on import - I think $39 is a pretty good price.
Mind you, I think the official ones are incredibly overpriced at $35... I'm spoiled by DC pads at a tenner!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Oh, and I would NOT order from Lik Sang at the moment. Customs are blocking/disrupting a lot of their orders.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I was hoping to save a few bucks by having a friend of a friend who is over in Japan right now pick a few up and ship them back to me. I figured $25 each plus shipping would be far cheaper than paying an importer. But it was indicated to me that he paid about $35 each for them, and shipping is going to run me about $40 for three controllers, so that's like $48 each.

I suspect the guy is soaking me a bit by claiming that he paid $35 each for the controllers, but I don't know him personally (he is my sister's friend's boyfriend or something) so I don't know for sure. Still, I'm looking at almost $50 each without going through an importer (and probably a 6-8 week delivery time with ground shipping from Japan), so the prices listed by the importers are probably not that unreasonable.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the links, Brian. I ordered from The Rage...hope to get it soon.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome, Camp. Let us all know what you think of them once you get hold of one. I like the smaller size & the better AB buttons etc. I think the XY button placement stinks. Should have been a regular six button face pad, if you know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks