What's new

The simple things in life that annoy us. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What are some of the minor things that happen in your everyday life that just get on your nerves?
For me...
1. When i'm dunking my Chips Ahoy cookie into my milk, I over-saturate the cookie and it breaks off and sinks to the bottom of my milk glass and now it just lurks down their like the Titanic or something.
2. When i'm eating a Klondike bar, it starts out nice and neat, but when I get down to the last square inch, the chocolate sheet slides off and it's just impossible to handle it without getting ice cream all over your fingers.
3. When your laying in bed or on the couch, and your all nice and comfy after a hard days work, when you realize to your horror that the remote control to the t.v. is on the other side of the room or a few feet away on the floor just out of your reach! :angry:
4. When i'm hungry and I go down to the 7 eleven to get a couple of hot dogs and they don't have any on the grill, or if they do, the nacho cheese machine is out of cheese.
5. Those stupid advertisment inserts that they put in the T.V. Guide that causes me to skip pages when I try to flip to a particular day and time. :angry:
I'm sure I have others, but i'm too annoyed to think of them right now. :D

Kevin P

Screenwriter
1. When i'm dunking my Chips Ahoy cookie into my milk, I over-saturate the cookie and it breaks off and sinks to the bottom of my milk glass and now it just lurks down their like the Titanic or something.

LOL... I love that analogy! :)

Ditto on the remote thing too, but it also applies to the cordless phone handset. If the phone rings, it's always out of reach!

Some of mine:
  1. When the grocery store runs out of something they should never run out of; e.g. milk or ground beef.
  2. When approaching a traffic light that is green, it'll be red by the time I get there. If it's red, it'll either still be red when I get there, or will have gone from red to green and back to red again.
  3. Dropping things on the floor, so I have to bend over to pick them up, and then dropping something else right afterward, or re-dropping the same object as I'm getting back up
  4. I love my cats, but whenever they have to puke up something why do they ALWAYS do it on the carpet?
  5. The fact that my incompetent bosses just moved into their own spacious offices while us hard working peons that make the incompetent bosses look good to their incompetent bosses have to sit in low-privacy cubicles.
  6. We just won a multi-million contract at work. What this means is our incompetent bosses will get nice fat bonuses, while the peons that actually make things happen will see nothing but more unpaid overtime.[/list=1]

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
1. Why whenever I try and open a cardboard milk container does it refuse to open properly. I invaribly have to wedge a fingernail in between an force it open. Then I have a nice ripped cardboard for one side of the spout and the outside waxed edge for the other.
2. Why do I always rip the bag when opening a Chewy Chips Ahoy bag? It's like they took the glue from the DVD Protection Stickers and made it a whole heck of a lot stronger.
3. Why do the lenses of glasses attractdirt and lint. If every surface was like my glasses at the end of the day, the world would look like Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome all the time.
4. If they always ask for the same information when you use a check at the grocery store, why don't people just have it printed on there all the time? If someone steals your checkbook, they've already got your drivers license as well as everything else in your purse.
That was pretty therapuetic. Thanks

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
If they always ask for the same information when you use a check at the grocery store, why don't people just have it printed on there all the time?
A driver's license number is required, not because somebody simply wants the number written down somewhere, but because obtaining the number indicates that the store clerk confirmed your identity by checking your license and, presumably, compared its picture with your likeness. Simply printing your driver's license number on your checks won't accomplish this identity confirmation, and store clerks (at least the properly trained ones) will continue to ask to see your license.

I find it annoying when I get set up to do a major day's worth of home improvement work, and I discover that I forgot to charge the batteries for my cordless tools the day before.

Jefff

Agent
Not enough time in the day/week/year (Always working :angry: )
To spend time w/family and relaxing - watch a Film - have time alone, with the spl meter/Avia disc,fooling around w/speaker placement/seating distance/SW placement etc.etc.
Kids always around/phone/door/ringing :angry:
I NEED my own HT space (NOT,The "Living Room") - Please send Contributions to - :D
CHEERS ! jefff

John Stone

Supporting Actor
You forgot to mention those annoying health fanatics who can't seem to mind their own damn business. :D
Seriously, back on topic: my pager or Nextel 2-way always goes off to notify me of some equipment or network failure just as...
A) I start watching a movie
B) I'm in the middle of working out
C) I'm spending some "quality" time with my wife
D) I'm in the shower with soap in my eyes

Cam S

Screenwriter
When you are craving a slurpee, only to find out 7-11 has run out of everything and the Pepsi is runny!!

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Runaway popcorn

People who can't read from a computer monitor without touching it.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
-People that talk on their cell phone while taking a crap in a public restroom.
-Buying a new DVD and finding a broken hub in the case.
-Noticing an error in your drive through order after you get all the way home.
-People that don't through away their garbage after they have had something to eat at a food court.
And the all time big daddy of them all:
People that throw their fucking lit cigarettes out on to the road!
:angry:
ahhh, thats better

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Why do the lenses of glasses attractdirt and lint.
Yep, I'm in on this one. And if the dirt doesn't get there by itself, either one of the kids or I will accidentally touch the lens. Then it's all smudgy, and the side of the lens, right next to you nose, will always be impossible to clean.

--Anders

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
(1) People who don't oil the chain on their bike so it makes an awful squeaky noise when they ride by.

(2) Co-workers' bad breath when they lean over your shoulder to look at something on your computer screen.

(3) Sorority girls

(4) Forgetting where I place the remote when I take my DVD's out of the player.

(5) Smokers

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
Waiters that want to tell me their life history so they can make my service more personal.

Restaurants where all the waiter leave their tables and go sing happy birthday all the time.

creepers-- people who can't keep their foot on the brake pedal at a red light and have to creep a few inches at at time while they wait. Many creepers will then pause stupified when the light finally does turn green and delay everyone behind them.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Being asked to input my account number on my touch tone phone, and then have the first thing a live person ask me for is my account number. Why bother asking for it as part of the automated process?

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
People Who have an onion and Garlic sandwich, wash it down with a cup of Black Coffee, have a Smoke then decide that they want to talk to me:angry:
People who Have No Idea How to drive on a round a Bout oops I mean Rotary.
When I go to Dunkin Donuts and order for everyone in the office. yes I would like 5 Large Coffee's, 3 Bagels and 2 Glazed. is that for here or to Go?......well DUH.
Full Screen DVDs :angry: :angry: :angry:
Non anamorphic DVD's
Bose Infomercials

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I hate everything mentioned in this thread! Except the Bose thing. I don't care what anyone else buys.

- Standing with the dog outside for 10 minutes waiting for him to go potty, finally giving up and going inside, then a few minutes later he wants to go outside and potty

- Getting something in a restaurant and wishing you had ordered something else

- Cell phones. Anywhere, anytime, I hate them.

- People shouting to each other across the room in a public place (restaurant, theater).

- Babies at the movies. Get a damn sitter.

- Bad parents hitting and yelling at their kids at the supermarket.

- Best Buy.

I'm sure I'll think of dozens more.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
[*]Idiot retailers who demand to know all of your personal information. Radio Shack and Toys R Us come to mind. Why the hell do they need my address and phone number? Then when I tell them "no", they look at me like I'm some kind of asshole. Although, this can be fun: When they pressure me or otherwise refuse to take no for an answer, I tell them, "Look, I don't have a phone, ok?" - all the while I've got my cellphone clipped to my belt. :D I'm waiting for someone to notice this and call me on it so I can became irate and say, "Are you calling me a liar?", or otherwise try to convince them that it's not really a phone, it's a salad, and I'm going to have it for lunch.

Being asked to input my account number on my touch tone phone, and then have the first thing a live person ask me for is my account number. Why bother asking for it as part of the automated process?

[*]Yeah, that one, too. Pisses me off. Especially sucks when the menu won't let you speak to anyone until you've put in said account number, or otherwise navigated through a dozen different options. Sears has a voice activated approach that is equally as annoying - after every response, it says, "OK, you want to go to this menu. Right?"

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
People who talk during movies

People who talk at the movie

Telemarketers in general - especially when they can't even pronounce your name. I always love when I get someone calling me about new local phone service...I tell them no thanks i don't have a phone. Or if they're in the middle of a long speech, i just stick the phone in the cushions and let them talk to the couch. But my favorite is when they are obviously reading from a script and I am feeling mean, i just agree with them until they need to "confirm my adress" then tell them no, and hear them flip out trying to find the right thing to tell me on their script...but i digress.

Snapper cases

Politicians

the media

parents who let their kids run wild no matter where they are

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Especially sucks when the menu won't let you speak to anyone until you've put in said account number, or otherwise navigated through a dozen different options.
Try hitting "0" at any time. More often than not, it will take you straight to a human being.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks