What's new

Need DVD Changer Advice (1 Viewer)

Jon Cielo

Agent
I can't vouch for reliability or performance, but as a note, the local Sam Goody has the Pioneer you mentioned for $150 otd including some extended warranty, membership to their music club, and tax. This is what they were advertising it for, I'm not sure if you can just get the player, but when the total was added, the player was only $115. Not too bad, but I don't need one. Good luck.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Neil,
I have a JVC XV-F80 7 disc progressive scan player, same as the JVC you mention but won't play dvd-audio.
I find picture quality to be excellent, and don't hear the disc spinning during play. When doing chapter search or when accessing dvd special features, you can hear the transport, but during normal play it's silent. It does make some noises when swapping discs, but no more than any other multi-disc cd player.
I've had it since last September and so far no glitches.

Han

Second Unit
You might want to test out the players before buying them. One thing that seems pretty alarming is the wait time to switch from one disc (CD or DVD) to the next. I think it's reported to be around 30 seconds for a Denon 4800 and 1 minute for a Kenwood 5700. The two old $100 CD changers I've owned, on the other hand, take 5 seconds or less to switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks