What's new

Comments on the Donation Drive (1 Viewer)

Steve Owen

Second Unit
I know you guys have been resisting this for a long time, so let me be the first to say "Well done!" I'm so happy to be able to contribute because this site is SO WELL RUN that it's a model of what internet discusion sites CAN be. I'd hate to see it go away. And no matter what, don't feel bad about asking because I'm sure most of the membership feels the same way as I.
-Steve

John Miles

Stunt Coordinator
Same here... I think it's a good idea, long overdue. But you guys need to make the Donation Drive announcement MUCH more visible. I didn't even know about it until I saw a post that mentioned it.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I also am very happy that the forum is accepting donations. I don't believe I would have been able to make the informed choices I did with my set up without the aid of this forum. From getting equipment recommendations, questions asked and answered, to finding an excellent ISF tech to calibrate my TW40X81. Not to mention buying, selling and trading DVDs.
Sure there are other sources on the net available for this but this place feels like home. I am sure others will take this opportunity, as I did, to make a generous donation.
Thanks to all the admins for the hard work.
-Keith Plucker

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
As soon as I get home tonight, I'm setting up a PayPal account so I can make a donation. But really, no donation, however large it may be, can repay the people who run this site for the awesome job they do or for all the fun and information with which this forum has provided me since I joined over two years ago.
Like many others, I am more than happy to help out!
------------------
-J.Fo
"And you can tell Rolling Stone magazine that my last words were... 'I'm on drugs!'"

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Considering how much time I spend here, a small donation is the least I can do! :)
------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if use that line in my next western?"

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Gentlemen,
Thank You.
I think the end result is that we are
going to have the fastest site around
with none of these problems we are currently
experiencing.
Thanks again
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
How long is the drive going to run for? I'm flat broke at this point but of course I'd like to and will send in some funds. I don't want to miss the deadline (if there is one.)

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
I'll need an address to send a check to as well. I don't have a PayPal accound and setting one up requires a VISA or MASTERCARD. I recently paid off my MASTERCARD and cancelled the account prior to applying for my mortgage on my new (still to be built) house. All I have now are checks and AMEX.
frown.gif

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the announcement of alternate donation options! :)
Thanks,
------------------
pat----
home: [email protected] ... office: [email protected]
no home page yet, so ...
Link Removed ---==*==--- DVD Collection

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I've been wanting to donate a little bit of money to this place for awhile. As a matter of fact, I'll probably donate again in a couple of weeks. :)
-Dean-

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Guys:
I am having to work my regular job and haven't been able to set up a PO Box yet but will on Monday if I am able to. The donations will be going on for awhile (a couple of weeks) and I will be keeping people posted as the donations come in. We need to collect around $5,000 for the new server. As of this am we already have $1,100.
We I get the PO Box set up I will let everyone know.
Thanks again for all the support. This is unbelieveable.
Parker

Kevin P

Screenwriter
If you get more than the $5000 you need for the server, what will the additional funds go towards? Operating expenses, or will it go toward even more upgrades for the server?
I'll send in a donation next time I'm online at home. It's more than worth it!!
biggrin.gif

KJP

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Parker:
I'm with John Miles. The visibility of the drive announcement needs to be better. Perhaps add a thread to each section so everyone will see it. I would recommend not starting a thread, or perhaps just bump it up Tuesday as many will be away from their computers over the holiday.
It's great to see the fund off to a good start. That's pretty darn good considering the low visibility of the announcement. Will $5,000 do the job, or do you need more. That seems low, but I'm not knowledgeable in these things.
I think the PO box will add lots. I want to just send a check.
Deane

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
This is my fav site on the net and I am more then glad to chip in which i just did. Now my dell computer can connect to there new dell server :)

PeggyManson

Auditioning
Just PayPal'd my donation, and I want to add my kudos to Ron and Parker. I'm new on the forum, but love every minute I spend on it, and have learned so much! May I also congratulate you on your choice of servers. I've had a Dell PowerEdge server here in our office with nary a hiccup from it for the past year and a half (hope that doesn't jinx it!). I'm also excited for the return of the V-bulletin software. Even though it had its problems, I did appreciate some of its features which are not available on the current system.
Peggy Manson
Flower Mound, TX

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
In answer to the question about what we will do with any extra monies collected above the amount we need for the server is that is it will be held over to purchase any future upgrades needed, help pay for bandwidth, etc. Ron and I will not profit personally from any of these monies at all.
We really do appreciate all the donations. We are right at $2,000 as of tonight. That is so fantastic. You guys are unbelieveable.
One note. As far as vBulletin is concerned. We will be using UBB to start with and look into migrating over to vBulletin. The main issue that I have with vBulletin is that it had a lot of problems with people that use Netscape and IE on the MAC not being able to use it and people using WebTV not being able to use it. We will see how that goes after we get moved over to the new server.
Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks