What's new

Marantz VP-12S1 anyone think its good? (1 Viewer)

TylerL

Grip
Ok...i've been looking at projectors for a little bit now and right now this one looks good:

Marantz VP-12S1

Anyone have this one? Like it?

John D S

Auditioning
I have did alot of research but not been able to compare the sharp 9000 side by side. They actually just did a side by side on avs forum and thae concensus was both were great but the marantz maybe just a little better. I have also spoke to a couple dealers that sell both and they say the same thing. I hope they are right because I just ordered the Marantz.

John

harana

Grip
Real Name
Haseeb
John,

How did you like your Marantz VP-12S1? Do you have any lamp flicker or fan/colorwheel noise problems? Do you have the link to the comparison thread you mentioned in your note above?

Haseeb

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
I have seen the Marantz display HiDef on an 8 footer and was truly blown away. though I have not seen DVDs on it. I have read that the video card is superb so I spose' it is good as well. Saul Marantz would have been proud to have his name on this machine. I have seen HDTV on the TIH2 Chipped Sharp as well, though it was on a 10foot screen so the comparison wasn't ideal. Just the same I enjoyed it very much, though it was a tad dimmer, again though, 20% more screen to fill. I think the Sharp is a few thou less dear, and being a miserly fell'a, thats something I can relate to. I would try to audition them both on similar screens before you decide. And do not forget, lots of TI Mustanged chipped DLPs out there ie; Yamaha, Dwin, Sim, and Runco for you big spenders out there. If I had 27Gs, the Runco would be in my theater, at least if I felt the DLP urge. But, please do not forget you can get a 16.9 native resolution LCD projector for less then half that price. That buys a lot of software. Sony has the VPLW10,11,12 HT models out, all are wonderful(Esp. the 12). Also Sanyo, Epson, and Cinema(something) make these creatures. Get on the net to some of the hometheater magazine web sites to read old reviews, you may be pleasantly surprised. Whatever you get, enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks