What's new

Help the WTC/Pentagon Victims (1 Viewer)

Mark Tomlin

Agent
This IS NOT a chain email.
-To All-
In the past 30+ hours, I have received many, many e-mails from people across the country regarding the World Trade Center and Pentagon tragedies. Most are in the form of prayer chains honoring the victims and their families or the popular newspaper article by the Canadian journalist defending the US. However, these emails are basically feel-good stories that give us a nice, little warm fuzzy and really don't tangibly help the people who really need help. Before you religious types get your undies in a bundle, please understand that I'm certainlynot condemning the power of prayer. I'm just saying that if you really want to help, put your money where your mouth is and contribute in a way that will directly benefit the survivors and rescue workers. If you are like me, you probably haven't given blood for some time. I arranged to give blood in Scottsdale tomorrow and although I always knew I had a fairly rare blood type (AB-), when I scheduled my appointment I was told that it was in extremely short supply. So if you haven't done so, go out and donate. How/where:
To donate blood, call the Red Cross at 1-800-GIVE-LIFE or America's Blood Centers at 1-888-BLOOD-88 to schedule an appointment. To find your local American Red Cross, click here. To donate money to the Red Cross for assisting victims of the attacks, call 1-800-HELP-NOW.
For the many of you who don't like needles, you can give financially. Amazon.com has a program set up via the the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund where you can contribute directly thru the internet any amount you wish. You don't even need to leave your house. Amazon guarantees every penny will go directly directly to the disaster effort. So far, the total amount collected is a whopping $1,342,342.99. It only takes a few minutes. Contribute money that you would normally spend this week on junk food, booze, DVD's or any other non-necessity. To contribute, go to:
Link Removed
(Moderator fixed above link.)
If you don't trust Amazon, call 1-800-HELP-NOW to donate money to the Red Cross for assisting victims of the attacks.
If either of these methods of contributing is too painful, you can also contribute clothing, blankets and other necessities to the Salvation Army and United Way. Their numbers are listed below or just go to your local office.
To donate to the United Way fund to help the victims of Tuesday's attacks and their families, call
(212) 251-4035 or click here.
To make donations to the Salvation Army for helping the victims, call 1-800-SAL-ARMY.
Something as simple as a care package containing soap, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. would probably be welcomed by your local church. I'm sure most churches already have programs in place to help the victims. Everytime I stay at a hotel, I collect the little bars of soap, shampoo and lotion and save them in a shoe box. I now have three boxes to contribute. It sounds minor, but it helps.
Everyone thinks "Oh, someone else will contribute. They'll be fine" Well, you are someone else. Get out and donate something/anything. Forward this email on to all of your friends and family. And keep praying.
------------------
[Edited last by Steve Tannehill on September 12, 2001 at 07:29 PM]

G Miller

Stunt Coordinator
Just to let you all know, that the Blood bank here in Melbourne have been proactively seeking blood doners to assist with the tragedy, supposedly to be flown over once U.S airspace is re-opened.
------------------
I hate living in R4........
  • More Expensive HT equiptment
  • DVD titles released 12 months after R1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks