Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Who's Got All 45 Twilight Zone DVD's??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 of 81 OFFLINE   Rob Mac

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada.

Posted February 18 2002 - 09:53 AM

VOL. 7 Dennis Weaver in "Shadow Play". Does television get any better?
Rob Mac

#22 of 81 OFFLINE   TomF

TomF

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted February 18 2002 - 11:09 AM

Jeff,

The Sci-Fi Channel's Web site has a Twilight Zone episode guide that lists them all in order by season. But it doesn't have any info about which DVDs they are on.

Click Here

Tom

#23 of 81 OFFLINE   gregstaten

gregstaten

Supporting Actor

• 601 posts

Posted February 18 2002 - 12:05 PM

I can pull a list out of my DVD database that will give you all episodes in episode order and a listing of what DVD they are on. Is that what you want? If so, I'll try to pull it tonight or later this week. -greg

#24 of 81 OFFLINE   Jeff Bannow

Jeff Bannow

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted February 18 2002 - 12:09 PM

Greg ... that's exactly what I'm looking for. - Jeff P.S. Tom thanks for the link.
1930s challenge - 88 to go.

#25 of 81 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,619 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 18 2002 - 12:42 PM

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#26 of 81 OFFLINE   Jeff Bannow

Jeff Bannow

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted February 18 2002 - 01:57 PM

that list will do ... thanks! Now to make my insert ... - Jeff
1930s challenge - 88 to go.

#27 of 81 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted February 18 2002 - 06:51 PM

My Dad does! Right after he bought his first DVD player, he started a Twilight Zone collection. I remember him asking me where he could purchase individual episodes, and two weeks later he had the full set.

#28 of 81 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted February 18 2002 - 06:59 PM

[quote]

VOL. 7 Dennis Weaver in "Shadow Play". Does television get any better?

[quote]

Yes indeedy.....Weaver is superb here!

How about "The Hitchhiker", with a quite fetching Inger Stevens?!? Posted Image

That is a GREAT installment!

Trivia for U .... Can any TZ-philes tell me who played The Hitchhiker in the above-mentioned show?

#29 of 81 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,550 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted February 18 2002 - 08:00 PM

The Hitch-Hiker was played by Leonard Strong:

http://us.imdb.com/N...Strong, Leonard

- Steve

#30 of 81 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted February 18 2002 - 08:09 PM

Kudos Steve! Very nice. Where would the world be without IMDB? And Amazon? And Google/Yahoo? OK....Try this one on for luck .... What is the name of the little Ohio town in "Nick of Time", another excellent ep.?

#31 of 81 OFFLINE   Kenneth

Kenneth

Supporting Actor

• 761 posts

Posted February 19 2002 - 04:13 AM

Another TZ fan here. I was very happy when I purchased the 45th and last disk. My favorite eps: "I Sing the Body Electric" - I have always been partial to this Ray Bradbury classic and enjoy this episode immensely. "Probe 7, Over and Out" - I find the twist ending on this episode extremely enjoyable. "A World of His Own" - My all time favorite episode. I was real worried when Image missed it and had to pick it up on the last volume. "Miniature" - I had never seen it before it aired in the TZ special a decade or so back. Robert Duvall is excellent in his role in this fantastic episode. Kenneth

#32 of 81 OFFLINE   ScottyKid

ScottyKid

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted February 19 2002 - 11:50 AM

For anyone wanting to purchase this set all in one shot, I HIGHLY recommend using the following website:

http://www.thetwilig...._frameset.html

The price is out of this world, and I received my neatly packaged set in about a week's time. Not to mention that shipping is only $4 for all 45 DVDs. This set also comes with an episode summary showing summaries of each episode as well as what DVD each episode is on.

Hope this helps someone.

#33 of 81 OFFLINE   Mike Brantley

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted February 19 2002 - 04:57 PM

Got 'em all, plus the aforementioned Serling documentary. My favorite one is "Time Enough at Last." The conclusion is my favorite example of irony.

It took me forever to get the first 20 or so volumes one at a time. Then when Ken Cranes ran a $9.99 sale last year I picked up the rest all in one massive order. Posted Image

#34 of 81 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted April 17 2002 - 07:19 PM

Just got the "More Treasures..." volume. Great interview segment.

#35 of 81 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted September 07 2002 - 01:16 PM

Let's bring this thread back up. I'm considering starting to collect the TZ DVDs, but I have a few questions first. I know the first 5 volumes are included in a box set, along with a Rod Serling documentary. Is that doc available individually, and is it worth it to buy that set for the doc? I believe I have read previously that those discs are in jewel cases, not keepcases. Is that true? Thanks.

#36 of 81 OFFLINE   streeter

streeter

Screenwriter

• 1,391 posts

Posted September 07 2002 - 01:23 PM

What a nice thread! I can't believe I missed this the first time it came around.

I only have the first six discs. I'm definitely getting more eventually - especially "To Serve Man" (#8 I believe).

The TZ #1 I have is even signed by Robert Redford himself Posted Image
Nothing Lost Forever: The Films of Tom Schiller
"I'll tell you why... 'cause I'm a dancer."

home page / dvds

#37 of 81 OFFLINE   Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,694 posts

Posted September 07 2002 - 03:33 PM

Scott --- Yes, the 40th Anniversary set contains jewel cases instead of keepcases. And yes, the Serling doc is available separately. It's also worth noting that the first 13 or so volumes (from Panasonic) pale in comparison to the remainder of the collection: The episodes were taken from videotape masters, and it shows. They don't look awful by any means, but the later volumes (for which Image used the original film elements) are graced with much better picture and sound (and lots of cool easter eggs from volume 28 on up).

#38 of 81 OFFLINE   Carrol Jo

Carrol Jo

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted September 07 2002 - 03:40 PM

I got the whole collection, plus a DVD-specific episode summary guide, from The Twilight Zone Video & DVD Store for just under $520.00 shipped:

http://www.thetwilig....ge_dvd_04.html

A complete chronological episode guide with plot synopses and partial cast lists can be found at John's Twilight Zone Page:

http://tzone.the-croc.com/

I've been slowly working my through this wonderful collection, and am up to disc 11 or so. So many of the episodes are so good, I'd never be able to pick one favorite.

#39 of 81 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted September 07 2002 - 05:08 PM

Thanks, Craig.

#40 of 81 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted September 07 2002 - 05:12 PM

This is funny. My family was just attending a birthday party today out on the north side of town, and as we started to head home we decided to check the Best Buy on that end of town for some stuff we don't usually find.

Of course, we found some of it. Posted Image

In the process, we encountered "Mike", a BB employee who was talking to us about the success of their new TV On DVD section. I mentioned that I do reviews for Gord's site, TVShowsOnDVD. So we talked about that and about his favorite shows, and he turns out to be quite a big fan of The Twilight Zone.

I thought about these posts, but didn't want to explain the complicated concept of going to HTF and searching for this thread. I told him that the two episodes (36 and 40, though I couldn't recall those episode #'s or names at the time) were still missing from DVD, but I turned out to be wrong of course.

I hope RAF doesn't mind, or anyone else for that matter, but I set up a link at TVShowsOnDVD.com to go to his cross-reference list post. That link can be found here (I think my explanation is pretty amusing :wink: ).

Of course, Mike will think I'm nuts, but I was just forgetful. He might show up here on HTF; he was pretty pro-OAR and so I told him about this site, too. I loved his metaphor: "Why would you buy a movie in fullscreen? Would you buy a meal and have the sides cut off of it?" Posted Image I liked that!
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users