What's new

An open letter to Kate Winslet (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
The chances of Kate ever reading this are slim, I know. But I wanted to post this anyways.
blush.gif

--------------------------------------------------------
Dear Kate,
I admit that I've had a crush on you since the days I first saw Titanic. And, after having purchased the Titanic DVD, I believe I still have a crush on you. Here's a little pseudo-poem I attempted to write (Oh, man, I can't believe I'm doing this):
Kate;
Gorgeous amber red hair;
Lips as red as a rose;
Voluptuously sincere;
Eyes as blue as the ocean waves;
Thou wilst forever be in my heart
Before I die; before I live;
Before I wither away with time;
Canst thy being of beauty see
The love that awaits for thee?
What do you say? We can have lunch. Catch a movie on my modest Home Theater setup. Then a walk on the beach in the evening. If you'd like to, please let me know. :)
Sincerely,
------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Main Entry: ob·ses·sion
Function: noun
Date: 1680
1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation
tongue.gif

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Mark,
Kate is getting divorced.
Kevin
------------------
If you live in the Wichita KS area and are interested in a local meet click here

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Mark,
Kate is getting divorced.
Oh. Well, in that case, Brian has a chance. :)
As long as he stays away from Nicole Kidman, Brian can do whatever he wants. But Nicole is mine. (Unless, of course, Meg Ryan starts returning my calls...) :)
On a semi-serious note, I remember the Monday after JFK, Jr.'s secret weekend wedding: I was working for a law firm and half the secretaries were in the break-room huddled around the newspaper. Several of them bemoaned the fact that he was now "off the market." I thought, "Yeah. Like any of you had a shot."
Regards,
Joe

Eric Scott

Second Unit
Brian
I'm sending you $4 so that you can join the Jazzercise-Circuit Training at the Huntington Beach City Gym and Pool.
There, you're going to meet some real nice Kate Winslot kinda look-a-likes!

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Keep in mind that your obsession with Kate stems from Titanic. In reality, you don't have a thing for Kate Winslet, you have a thing for Rose. The problem is, Rose doesn't exist. You can find the person who looks just like her (Kate), but Kate isn't Rose. Even if you could have Kate, I doubt you'd be happy.
I went through the same thing with Rebecca De Mornay after watching Risky Business. Lana was enchanting. So was Rose in Titanic. If you were a 12 year old girl back when Titanic was in theaters, Jack did the same thing for you (and as a result, you drove the movie to the top of the charts
biggrin.gif
). Anyway, it's not the girl you want, it's the situation. The romance. They could have cast any beautiful woman as Rose and you'd have the same crush on her. You, Brian, are a hopeless romantic. Scary, huh? But look on the bright side: You'll make some woman happy one of these days. The vast majority of them are also hopeless romantics. When I married my wife, she came with boxes upon boxes of romance novels. Thousands of them. (She gave most of them away a couple of years ago; should have sold 'em on EBay. Could have made a small fortune.)
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him to use the HTF and keep him occupied for life.

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I agree with Ryan here.
Brian, watch Kate Winslet in Holly Smoke and you tell me if I'm right to agree with Ryan here. She isn't appealing at all in that movie. I can tell you plenty of stars that I would be inlove with the characters they played but I wouldn't go near them in real life because of their personality or whatever else. Serious!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
If Brian can write an open letter to Kate Winslet, maybe I should write an open letter to Rini Bell!
biggrin.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks