Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Jurassic Park Free DVD offer came today

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#41 of 151 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted February 20 2002 - 07:30 AM

I sent mine in Dec 14th and still nothing. Im getting pissed!! Posted Image

And I ordered Dragonheart; Bowfinger as my second choice.
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#42 of 151 OFFLINE   Michael Napier

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted February 20 2002 - 09:08 AM

My bank statement says that both of the checks (for the JP disk and the other free disk) cleared on 2/8 but I still haven't received either disk.

I called the number today and was told that they were both "ready to go out". He said I should have them within a couple of weeks or so.

I mailed the stuff in on 12/27.
-Mike

#43 of 151 OFFLINE   Richard Ringenbach

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted February 20 2002 - 09:48 AM

Micheal,
Would you please give us the number that you called so we can find out the status of our orders?

Thank you!
Richard Ringenbach
RING2@ALLTEL.NET

#44 of 151 OFFLINE   Scott-C

Scott-C

Supporting Actor

• 865 posts

Posted February 20 2002 - 10:10 AM

Received my free copy of "The Jackal" last week and it looks to be in ok shape. The check for the 4th JP DVD and box was cashed about a month ago, but no DVD/box in the mail yet. I hope it gets here soon and is in good condition.

#45 of 151 OFFLINE   Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted February 20 2002 - 11:16 AM

great i think i filled mine out with the address on the best buy receipt.. im gonna get screwed outta this. Posted Image for those who had theirs returned, are they allowing you to refil the order?
"As long as you are out there, I can never be number one...."

My DVD List

#46 of 151 OFFLINE   DennisRS

DennisRS

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted February 20 2002 - 11:17 PM

I received my copy of Dragonheart 2/20/02 and my case was burned by the UPC area, obviously on purpose. This is probably to prevent returns to B&M's or some other resale opportunity.

#47 of 151 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,093 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted February 21 2002 - 12:50 AM

Quote:
i think i filled mine out with the address on the best buy receipt.. im gonna get screwed outta this.
Not as long as you followed the instructions on the Best Buy receipt. It had a different PO Box, but it was still a valid one. The Best Buy forms are just being handled separately. You should still get your disc. I got mine.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#48 of 151 OFFLINE   Neil White

Neil White

Supporting Actor

• 552 posts

Posted February 21 2002 - 02:13 AM

Got my free Dragonheart yesterday and it too was scored across the UPC. As folks have said, this must be their mark that their for promotional use only. But WHY did they have to damage the packaging!!?? A simple sticker would have been fine. Posted Image

N

#49 of 151 OFFLINE   Tom Rags

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts

Posted February 21 2002 - 03:30 AM

Get this:

Two days ago I received Universal's $10 rebate for purchasing The Fast and the Furious with another DVD (I got Mercury Rising). I sent the JP offers in the Wednesday after release way back in December, and I haven't received either of those yet. TFATF deal was sent in nearly a month later and I already got that rebate. My checks for JP were cashed over a month ago. What gives?

#50 of 151 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted February 21 2002 - 04:02 AM

Quote:
What gives?

Apparently demand was greater than they anticipated. They erroneously believed one blowtorch to disfigure the cases would suffice. Posted Image

#51 of 151 OFFLINE   Michael Napier

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted February 21 2002 - 07:19 AM

Quote:
Would you please give us the number that you called so we can find out the status of our orders?

Sorry about taking so long. The number is 800-698-8705.

It's the same number for both of the offers.
-Mike

#52 of 151 OFFLINE   TomF

TomF

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted February 21 2002 - 07:39 AM

My October Sky arrived today in mint condition except just a small round hole punch in the middle of the UPC code. I used the Best Buy coupon and did NOT include a check for the shipping since it was not specified.

#53 of 151 OFFLINE   Dan M~

Dan M~

Second Unit

• 353 posts

Posted February 21 2002 - 09:19 AM

Quote:
My October Sky arrived today in mint condition except just a small round hole punch in the middle of the UPC code. I used the Best Buy coupon and did NOT include a check for the shipping since it was not specified.

Ditto, except my Otober Sky was unscathed!!! UPC was clean and was read by CuCat!! Box in excellent/new shape. Sorry to hear that some of you are getting mucked-up copies. I would complain and see what happens.

-Dan M~
-Dan M~

#54 of 151 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted February 21 2002 - 11:42 AM

Quote:
The number is 800-698-8705

Just called it and spoke to "Kelly". I mentioned that my check was cashed three weeks ago; she said that the free item is ready-to-ship and ought to go out within the next week.

Sound familiar? Posted Image

I am really believing that they are holding these and not worrying about them until they get around to them, but that anyone who calls in will get prioritized. So those of you who haven't...call. It can't hurt, right?

I also mentioned that I was aware that many people were getting their free items in a damaged condition. She said, and I quote, "If anything arrives damaged then you should give us a call and we will get it replaced".

I hope this helps y'all!
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#55 of 151 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted February 21 2002 - 12:33 PM

Quote:
Apparently demand was greater than they anticipated. They erroneously believed one blowtorch to disfigure the cases would suffice.

Brett ... Good one!!! That's Classic!! Posted Image

#56 of 151 OFFLINE   Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted February 22 2002 - 09:48 AM

I received my copy of Dragonheart today and it is in flawless condition. UPC isn't scratched or burned.

Posted Image

#57 of 151 OFFLINE   George Cifrancis

George Cifrancis

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH USA

Posted February 22 2002 - 10:35 AM

Just got my free "October Sky" DVD here in Columbus Ohio today. It wasn't shrink wrapped and had a hole where the UPC bar code is. Other than that it seemed fine. I am still waiting on the Jurassic Park disk and box.
George C.

#58 of 151 OFFLINE   T r o y

T r o y

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted February 22 2002 - 11:23 AM

Received my free dvd of "October Sky" today.Other than a scratch made on the upc code, the DVD is in excellent condition and mine did have the cellophane wrap on it. I'm hoping my bonus disc and JP case are not too far behind. Posted Image
Outlaw 750 5 CH AMP
Yamaha DSP-A1
Sony BDP-S550
Monster Power
Mitsibishi HC-1500Klipsch KLF20Klipsch KLFC7Klipsch KSP-S6Velodyne F-1800XR

#59 of 151 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,679 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted February 22 2002 - 12:32 PM

Christ, did everyone choose "Dragonheart"? Great minds think alike or what? The fulfillment company just cashed my checks in the past couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll get mine in the next month or so (...though judging by how many people requested "Dragonheart," I'll probably get my second choice, "Bowfinger.")

For some reason, I was thinking the offers said "allow up to 20 weeks" for processing, so I've not been too worried about it yet.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#60 of 151 OFFLINE   John Stone

John Stone

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted February 22 2002 - 12:36 PM

I finally received my free DVD today (October Sky). There was a hole punched through the UPC code, and the disc was loose in the case. Posted Image The disc suffered 2 small scratches, but it plays just fine.

Back to Archived Threads 2001-2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow