What's new

Saving Private Ryan; Full Blast (or not)? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I just got SPR on DVD. Was thinking of pointing the speakers out the window and turning it up full throttle! Should draw some attention, don't you think?? (Should be only 5 minutes until the SWAT team arrives to take me out!) :D :D
Quite a soundtrack, eh? What do you HT experts (with larger speakers than I) think of it?

Paul W

Second Unit
Anything that makes the dishes in the cupboard rattle is a pretty cool soundtrack in my eyes (or ears).
:)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I don't have an impressive HT by any means (a Sony HTB with sattelite speakers.) but SPR really sounded great even on my system. Neighbors walking down the stret ctually stopped and would briefly glance at my house toward the living room. If a movie has those effects... you know it has to be good.:D

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This movie gives my speakers a real workout. Lot of deep bass for the sub and lots of front to rear sound from gunfire.

RIchard Y

Auditioning
Technically this isn't on topic, but if you want to relive the hell of the beach landing, check out Medal of Honor: Allied Assault on the PC. And turn the speakers up!

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
This is one of the greatest sound mixes of all time. A master mix! Really does a number on your speakers.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
SPR is a great reason to upgrade. Put in the disc, crank the volume and you will have to upgrade :)
Bruce

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Before someone asks: yes, the green streaking effects are known and intentional. ;)

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
SPR Dolby Digital=shit go BOOM

SPR DTS=shit go BOOM louder and with more bass IMHO.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
is it possible to break some windows at full blast since my speakers are right by windows. I have a sony with a 50 watt subwoofer and got it for 400 dollars

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
If you watch the DTS version, you WILL be ducking for cover. The sounds are so realistic, I could hardly believe it the first time I popped that movie in my DVD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks