What's new

What 1970's show was this? (1 Viewer)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I know that this isn't much to go on but back in 1974 there was a short lived 30 minute TV show about firefighters. From what I remember (I was only 4 years old at the time) it was a show about wildland firefighting. The show featured forest fires a lot and I think it was set in a forest somewhere. This leads me to believe was about USFS firefighters or a similar agaency.
The one thing I am sure of is that the above show was on right after another short lived 30 minute show called Link Removed which featured Dirk Bennedict a few years before he became Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica. I think both of these shows were on CBS but I'm not positive.
Are there any places online that I can look at old TV guide listings?
Thanks.

DonWinzen

Stunt Coordinator
I don't believe there was a fictional show called "Emergency 911" but who knows. There have been many shows that come and go over the years.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Similiarly, does anyone remember a pilot TV show back in 1972 or 73 for an all African American sitcom version of Catch 22. I have a real memory of seeing an ad for it when I was a kid but never actually saw the show. Catch 22 is my favorite novel and one of my favorite movies and I would like to find out more about the proposed TV show.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Oh no... it definately was not Emergency. I watched that show regularly. The show I'm thinking about was a 30 minute drama (much like the Chopper One show that was on right before it). No one seems to remember the show I'm talking about.

I'd love to find a TV Guide from early 1974 and take a look at it. The show Chopper One ran from January, 1974 through March of 1974 so I assume the other show ran at about the same time span.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
AH HA!!!! It was a show called Link Removed. Both Chopper One and Firehouse were Aaron Spelling creations. I found the show listed here: Aaron Spelling: Genius after searching online using Google.
Looks like Aaron Spelling and Jack Webb had similar ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks