Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What 1970's show was this?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Todd Stout

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted February 14 2002 - 12:22 PM

I know that this isn't much to go on but back in 1974 there was a short lived 30 minute TV show about firefighters. From what I remember (I was only 4 years old at the time) it was a show about wildland firefighting. The show featured forest fires a lot and I think it was set in a forest somewhere. This leads me to believe was about USFS firefighters or a similar agaency.

The one thing I am sure of is that the above show was on right after another short lived 30 minute show called Chopper One which featured Dirk Bennedict a few years before he became Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica. I think both of these shows were on CBS but I'm not positive.

Are there any places online that I can look at old TV guide listings?

Thanks.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   DonWinzen

DonWinzen

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted February 14 2002 - 01:17 PM

Are you thinking of "Emergency" with Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe?

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Mike Tondreault

Mike Tondreault

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted February 14 2002 - 01:34 PM

I also think it was Emergency, but I was three. If not, Emergency (maybe "Emergency 911") was also a great show.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   DonWinzen

DonWinzen

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted February 14 2002 - 01:42 PM

I don't believe there was a fictional show called "Emergency 911" but who knows. There have been many shows that come and go over the years.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted February 14 2002 - 01:51 PM

Similiarly, does anyone remember a pilot TV show back in 1972 or 73 for an all African American sitcom version of Catch 22. I have a real memory of seeing an ad for it when I was a kid but never actually saw the show. Catch 22 is my favorite novel and one of my favorite movies and I would like to find out more about the proposed TV show.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Todd Stout

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted February 14 2002 - 04:53 PM

Oh no... it definately was not Emergency. I watched that show regularly. The show I'm thinking about was a 30 minute drama (much like the Chopper One show that was on right before it). No one seems to remember the show I'm talking about. I'd love to find a TV Guide from early 1974 and take a look at it. The show Chopper One ran from January, 1974 through March of 1974 so I assume the other show ran at about the same time span.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Todd Stout

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted February 14 2002 - 04:59 PM

AH HA!!!! It was a show called Firehouse. Both Chopper One and Firehouse were Aaron Spelling creations. I found the show listed here: Aaron Spelling: Genius after searching online using Google.

Looks like Aaron Spelling and Jack Webb had similar ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users