Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

FRIENDS will be back

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,239 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted February 11 2002 - 02:35 PM

i just saw an add on the olympics that said they will be back for another season.
facebook.com/whotony

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted February 11 2002 - 02:40 PM

I'd been reading for weeks that all but one wanted to come back for another year (its not like any of them have major movie carrers). I guess the last guy finally gave in.
This seasons been an improvement upon the last few, hopefully its keep getting better...
JQ

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,306 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted February 11 2002 - 03:37 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Posted Image

That's how I reacted at first, but then I read this story:

http://tv.zap2it.com...aily.html?23814

They better mean business. If the run went into double digits I'd be on suicide watch. Posted Image

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted February 12 2002 - 06:12 AM

I am personally happy as there is less and less shows that I feel are worth watching. Is Friends as good as it once was, probably not, but it's better than 90% of what else is on.

It sounds like the whole group, writers included, are determined to go out on top rather than coast for the next season and a half.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Mark Kalzer

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit

• 443 posts

Posted February 12 2002 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
They better mean business. If the run went into double digits I'd be on suicide watch.

Sheesh man! You don't actually have to watch it! No one is forcing you to! Why not watch Whose Line is it Anyway instead?
- Mark Kalzer

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted February 12 2002 - 11:09 AM

Last year, I wouldn't have cared if they cancelled it, the show had run out of steam, but "Friends" has been very good this year, so I was happy to see that they extended the show's run.

/Mike
/Mike

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,306 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted February 12 2002 - 11:29 PM

Quote:
Sheesh man! You don't actually have to watch it! No one is forcing you to! Why not watch Whose Line is it Anyway instead?

Because it just didn't occur to me to watch it. I watch so little TV that is not a DVD anyway.

But as to not being forced to watch it, the damn cast was, at some times, plastered EVERYWHERE! I'm still sick of seeing Jennifer Aniston on a different magazine cover every month in the grocery store. Maybe I should shop at the gourmet market.

I made my mom cancel her subscription to Entertainment Weekly because of their Friends butt-kissing.

In my opinion, the show has never, ever, EVER, been funny, and the characters are more annoying than a continuous high-pitched squeal. Even people I know who like that show admit that it is stupid. Their influence on sitcoms (which are now overflowing with whining, white generation X brats living in apartments they cannot afford, getting laughs by merely mentioning penises and mediocre Saturday morning cartoons) has been so pernicious that I feel like hurting people.

And that theme song...

Before you write "can't you do anything besides complain," I should mention that there are a number of things I do like.

Quote:
It sounds like the whole group, writers included, are determined to go out on top rather than coast for the next season and a half.

In my opinion, they've been coasting on their initial hype for eight painful years.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Larry Geller

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor

• 562 posts

Posted February 13 2002 - 05:13 AM

Quote:
I'm still sick of seeing Jennifer Aniston on a different magazine cover every month in the grocery store

I guess this explains the Golden Girls, yea I guess I'd rather have Bea Arthur up there instead of the georgeous Jennifer!!!???Posted Image

Mmmm, snout!-Homer Simpson

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted February 13 2002 - 07:08 AM

Posted Image
I guess one thread didnt provide enough of a forum for you to voice your disgust for Friends?

Quote:
But as to not being forced to watch it, the damn cast was, at some times, plastered EVERYWHERE! I'm still sick of seeing Jennifer Aniston on a different magazine cover every month in the grocery store. Maybe I should shop at the gourmet market.

I made my mom cancel her subscription to Entertainment Weekly because of their Friends butt-kissing.

So, let me get this straight...you hate friends SO MUCH that you cant stand to see a cast members picture on a magazine, yet you come here and troll Friends threads, and create other "Who Hates Friends" threads? It doesnt make sense to me that you cant stand the sight of a cast member, and dont even want to let your mom read about EW's "buttt kissing" yet you come here and post about Friends in multiple threads.
If you hate something that much just stay away, it really isnt hard. I dont see the need to raise an anti-Friends army. If seeing a cast memeber on the front of a magazine bothers you that much, well, I dont think anyone can help you with that problem.

Posted Image
JQ

Back to Archived Threads 2001-2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow