What's new

Mr. Grammar Person visits the HTF... (1 Viewer)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I realize that the proper use of commas is hotly debated, so I shall instead point out the most egregious errors on the main page. It's a slow day at work. So sue me. :D
Home Theater Basics Area
This area has been set up for those members that are new to Home Theater and have questions about setting up a Home Theater, which equipment to buy and so on.

This should be "...members who are new..."
TV and HDTV Programming
This area has been set up to discuss the latest TV shows, HDTV programming, award shows, actors on TV and more. If its on TV discuss it here.

If its what is on TV? "If it's on TV..."
Personally, I would add a comma after "TV" (and also after "buy" in the first example), but current grammar rules appear to deem it unnecessary, though acceptable.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
David,
Much of the forum descriptions have been thrown together at the last minute with the changes made to the various areas. Parker has been out of town since making the changes-- so he should be back in the next day or two to make fixes.
If you spot any other wording that should be reworked, please feel free to post. I planned to go over the forum descriptions with a fine toothed comb tonight- and offer the suggestions to Parker tomorrow. So if you have any tips, feel free to post them here and I'll make sure they get included.
I'll make sure that the who/that/which issues are cleared up ;)
-Vince

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
As Vince said.

Parker is out of town and I can also

vouch that all of this was thrown together

before any grammatical errors could be fixed.

If you want to continue proofreading and report

any further discrepencies, it would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks