What's new

Star Wars episode 2 DVD (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
I know its a little early for this, but does anyone think that Lucas will drop the ball again and make us wait almost 1 year to get it on DVD after it's on VHS. I just hope that is not the case.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I think that the annoucement with Ep1 was that the new DVDs would be delivered alongside the VHS. I think that it might be smart for Mr. Lucas to make Ep2 the first major release to be DVD EXCLUSIVE. Given that we've got one of the first digitally filmed features, this probably means a digital-digital transfer and a GREAT picture. It'll never happen, but I think that it might be kinda cool if it just weren't available on VHS.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I *think* the news that AOTC would be available on DVD at the end of this year came straight from George Lucas himself. If not him, it was one of his close associates who preceeded him at the big "Episode I summit" held at the Ranch last fall. Since then, we've heard it would be out in October, but I'm not sure where that came from.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Like most movies, it will depend on how long it's theatrical legs are. TPM was in theatres well into December of 1999, hence no VHS till April 2000. If AOTC lasts that long in theatres, then expect the VHS/DVD to arrive April 2003 as well. If it doesn't (it's a pretty amazing feat to accomplish), expect the DVD this fall. The tape and DVD versions should be simultanious, however.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I predict Episode Two having much stronger legs that TPM. I do pray that we get an awesome DVD release before the years end, though.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
if he is planning a really big SE of aotc, you can probably kis the chances good bye of ever having it in 2002. Plus I think that he and his crew should work on a ROTLA DVD release first.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Acronyms, for when you are TLtTOtWW (Too Lazy to Type Out the Whole Word) ... :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I want Raiders, but not at the expense of the AOTC disc. I haven't even seen the movie, but it's my most wanted disc! :)
John:
:D
Of course, I'm enough of a geek to complain that Luke ought to have his blue lightsaber when Vader throws debris at him.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
As far as I know the dvd of Attack Of The Clones is coming in the 4th quarter of 2002.

That's what I've heard in several interviews with Mr. Lucas himself.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Check out this cool fan artwork for the Episode II DVD cover:
aotc_dvd_vhs.jpg

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Having Episode II this year would ROCK.

I too think it will be a stronger film than EI.

If it's a DVD exclusive I'll eat my hat.

One should only use acronyms after using the drawn out name in a post. Or if the thread topic includes the term represented by the acronym that would be fine. Although I figured it out before reading the following posts, I puzzled over the Raiders acronym for a bit.

Brennan Hill

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I'm an unabashed Star Wars fan, but after seeing the previews for Episode II, I'm not that excited for the film. Too me the previews were horrible, but of course that's only my opinion. When I saw the one before Fellowship of the Ring, I was embarrased that I had cheered when the Lucasfilm logo appeared. Again, only my opinion.

To those that expect it to be better then the previous one, is that based on the previews?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I think it's based on knowing or guessing where the story is going. I wouldn't base anything on the previews.
Besides, Ep I's previews were great and the movie was OK. So maybe if Ep II's previews are OK, then the movie is great. :D

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I expect it to be on DVD by the end of 2002. Lucas would be foolish not to cash in on Christmas for this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks