What's new

Help me buy a gaming PC! (1 Viewer)

JaredB

Agent
Okay, I'm a Mac guy. I hate PCs. But I'm man enough to admit that for gaming the PC is still where it's at (for the forseeable future anyway)

Is there someone that would be able to tell me what my best bang for the buck option would be if I wanted to buy a PC just for gaming?

Any input or links would be appreciated. Thanks.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Can you build computers yourself or prefer to buy them pre-built? Building them yourself is always the best option as you pick and choose the parts that are optimal for gaming. But you can also specify many things on custom built systems, you just end up paying more.
I'd recommend Dell but they have that annoying freak in their commercials. :) If cost is truly no issue take a look at Alienware.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
check out GameSpot. They just did an article on the current starter/middle/ultimately equipped PCs.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Hate to say it, but if you have zero experience building computers, save yourself the hours upon hours of building/troubleshooting and just buy yourself a cheap Gateway/Dell. They're running specials right now, with sub-$1000 2GHz P4/256-512MB RAM/40GB HD/DVD/CD-RW and even a half decent video card (which you can always pop out and replace at your whim).

Andre F

Screenwriter
I bought a Dell a couple of years ago and have been very happy with it. I just keep updating it with more RAM etc. It's been very good to me.

-Andre F

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks