What's new

Tilt control on wega? (1 Viewer)

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
What should the tilt control on a Wega be set to? I have mine at 0(I think that was the default).

Alex F.

Second Unit
Set it so your picture is straight horizontally. If you don't have a test DVD, use the news "crawls" that run along the bottom of the screen.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I have a similar question for my new Wega 32". I've tried all of the settings and obviously there is a rather dramatic tilt if it is incorrectly set. However, I am not able to completely eliminate a slight upward tilt toward the extreme left of the screen. I would estimate it to be about a 10 degree tilt. It's not really noticeable except on a 16x9 movie, when the black bar is clearly not perfectly straight. It's also noticeable on the Dish guide, when the lines angle up slightly towards the left. Is this a function of the "tilt" setting, or is there some other function that controls this?

Steve K.

Alex F.

Second Unit
Steve:

I guess I am lucky that the tilt control on our set allowed me to set a very straight picture horizontally. I also went into the service menu and critically adjusted geometry, which helps, too.

Unfortunately, I cannot recall if further tilt settings exist in the service menu, nor can I check it in the service manual I purchased--it's packed away in who knows which box as we continue to prepare for a move to a new house.

Anybody else here who can help Steve?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Steve, It sounds like your Yoke needs to be adjusted. I have a 27" Sony Trinitron(non wega) that had a very slanted picture. I had a guy come out and rotate the yoke and it looked better but still slanted. I was gonna call him out again but I'm just gonna return the TV and get the 27" Wega anyway so I figure I'll save myself the hastle of scheduling another service call. That's the only other thing I can think of if the extreme ends +-5 on the tilt control can't make the picture straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks