Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

"Glitter" DVD - Number of copies sold...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 Juan C Toro

Juan C Toro

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted February 04 2002 - 02:10 AM

Somebody last week posted a note about how lousy the sales for this DVD would be. This morning on the radio, while driving to work, they were commenting on the poor sales for this DVD: 200 copies!!!

Now, if somebody tells me that Mariah Carey appears completely naked, and has a steamy lesbian scene, I will buy copy 201.

JC

#2 of 13 Kevin P

Kevin P

Screenwriter

• 1,444 posts

Posted February 04 2002 - 04:02 AM

Quote:
Now, if somebody tells me that Mariah Carey appears completely naked, and has a steamy lesbian scene, I will buy copy 201.
I would think if such a scene were present in the movie, it would have sold more than 200 copies.

But IMHO, Mariah's so ugly now that not even a naked lesbian orgy scene would make me want to infect my home theater with that disc. Posted Image

KJP

#3 of 13 Nigel McN

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor

• 848 posts

Posted February 04 2002 - 09:04 PM

i'd beleive 200 as much as I believe 0 copies were sold.

#4 of 13 Mark Lensenmaye

Mark Lensenmaye

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted February 05 2002 - 01:53 AM

I am a proud owner of this DVD. I had to buy this movie for my collection of truly bad motion pictures. There are two kinds of bad movies...just plain bad and PROFOUNDLY bad. BATTLEFIELD EARTH falls into this category, as does the soon to be released CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC. Neil Diamond's THE JAZZ SINGER is also in this group. I knew GLITTER would fall into this class, and I sought it out during its quick in and out 1-week run. I was not disappointed. The love song on the marimba was a real high point.

There is one other class below PROFOUNDLY bad, and that is awful...two films in this class are MANOS: HANDS OF FATE (only watchable in the MST3K version) and the truly appalling LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD, the Mexican Musical from K. Gordon Murray.

#5 of 13 Juan C Toro

Juan C Toro

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted February 05 2002 - 03:16 AM

Mark:

To own and watch these kind of movies... Is it some kind of penance to pay for your sins?

JC

#6 of 13 Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted February 05 2002 - 03:27 AM

Posted Image Posted Image
"I can't marry all three of them - thats bigamy!"
"No, thats big o' me!"

Magic armour is good but it tends to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lords last words had been " You can't kill me because I've got magic AARRGG!"
-Interesting Times-

#7 of 13 Richard_D_Ramirez

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit

• 439 posts

Posted February 05 2002 - 04:49 AM

Ahhhhh, "Glitter"... Further proof that singers can't act, and actor's can't sing. Why don't these guys figure it out by now? Posted Image

8^B
A Casualty of Casual Causality: My casual blog on the 'net.

#8 of 13 Tony Aguila

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted February 05 2002 - 12:24 PM

Quote:
Ahhhhh, "Glitter"... Further proof that singers can't act, and actor's can't sing. Why don't these guys figure it out by now?

Ah... but have you heard Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio sing? And a great actress to boot. I guess to every rule there will be exceptions. Posted Image

Now is Julie Andrews a singer or an actress?

#9 of 13 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,678 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 05 2002 - 02:18 PM

Quote:
Now is Julie Andrews a singer or an actress?

Hey! That's Mary Poppins AND Maria Von Trapp! You leave her out of this! Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#10 of 13 Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted February 05 2002 - 02:22 PM

Quote:
Further proof that singers can't act, and actor's can't sing.

What is Mariah then?

#11 of 13 Jacques C

Jacques C

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted February 05 2002 - 03:04 PM

Judging by the pathetic rendition of the National Anthem she did, I would definitely say neither.

Why can't singers take cues from good renditions (Whitney's and one done by Hootie come to mind) and do it right rather than thinking they have to outdo Aaron Neville?

Sheesh.

#12 of 13 Vu N

Vu N

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted February 05 2002 - 04:30 PM

I've heard of that report as well. I read somewhere else that it was a typo and that the figure was 20,000, which is still pretty low. But of course, everybody would like to believe the 200 figure as it would make a better story.

#13 of 13 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted February 05 2002 - 04:42 PM

20,000 I'll believe. That'll cover blockbuster, and a couple copies for every BB and CC

I think Mark from The Digital Eyes confirmed they had moved 0 copies Posted Image

Back to Archived Threads 2001-2004

Forum Nav Content I Follow