What's new

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Title: Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle

Tagline: This summer the Angels are back.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Director: McG

Cast: Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu, Demi Moore, Bernie Mac, Justin Theroux, Robert Patrick, Crispin Glover, Shia LaBeouf, Luke Wilson, Matt LeBlanc, John Cleese, John Forsythe, Rodrigo Santoro, Robert Forster, Ja'net DuBois, Charlie Yuen Cheung-Yan, Daxing Zhang, Bruce Comtois, Khin-Kyaw Maung, Béla Károlyi, Tanoai Reed, Andrew Wilson, Eric Bogosian, Eve, Pink, Carrie Fisher, Zack Shada, Jennifer Gimenez, Josh Janowicz, Tommy Flanagan, Chris Pontius, Luke Massy, Big Boy, Anthony Griffith, Wayne Federman, Steve Hytner, Bob Stephenson, Melissa McCarthy, Ashley Olsen, Mary-Kate Olsen, Jaclyn Smith, Bruce Willis, Kate Hendrickson, Shanti Lowry, Nadine Ellis, Cyia Batten, Staci B. Flood, Carmit Bachar, Béla Károlyi, Ricky Carmichael, Carey Hart, Chris Gosselaar, Jeremy McGrath, Mark Cotone, Sven-Ole Thorsen, Joan Blair, Khristian Lupo, Matt McColm

Release: 2003-06-27

Runtime: 106

Plot: The Angels are charged with finding a pair of missing rings that are encoded with the personal information of members of the Witness Protection Program. As informants are killed, the ladies target a rogue agent who might be responsible.

Does anyone really KNOW what went on behind the scenes of the original Charlie's Angels? I know that there were reports that Bill Murray and Lucy Liu were NOT on good terms with one another, but I've never been able to find out the real dirt.
Word on the sequel is that Liu, Barrymore and Diaz are all returning (as is director McG), but no Bill Murray. They'll need to cast at least 3 good comedians to fill his void. (OK, Charlie's Angels wasn't Murray's best schtick ever, but even a little Billy M. is reason to rejoice!)
Any guesses on the person (or persons) they'll get to fill Murray's shoes? Will someone else be playing "Bosley" or will they jettison the character entirely? And what's the REAL story about the Charlie's Angels backstage nastiness?

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I thought I read somewhere that Liu may have hit/punched Murray. Take that as the third/fourthhand information it is.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Murray gone? Looks like someone at Columbia worked out the answer to the question "how do we make CA2 even worse?" ;)
Who could replace Murray? Difficult! Possibly Steve Martin, if they got him drunk enough.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I would guess they would eliminate Bosley.

How this would work is another thing but if they lean into the action/sex more they could rely on the girls for all the comic relief.

Good thing? Ida know. I thought the worst section of the film was toward the end when it began to take itself too seriously.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Here's my solution: DON'T MAKE CHARLIE'S ANGELS 2! THE FIRST ONE WAS BAD ENOUGH!!!! :D
Just my opinion of course. ;)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
hmmm... what about Dan Ackroyd? I think he could deliver a performance of Bosley. Or am I just connecting him with Murray in 'Ghostbusters'
Then again, I think it may be better just to leave him out, for continuities sake, or kill him off (ala Mr. Phelps in MI2).
She kicked him, eh?
Bitch. :D

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
/************************************************** **

hmmm... what about Dan Ackroyd? I think he could deliver a performance of Bosley. Or am I just connecting him with Murray in 'Ghostbusters'

************************************************** ****/

Not Ackroyd. Remember what happened with Caddyshack II. No one can replace Bill Murray. But I agree with some others, Don't make a bad sequel of a bad movie, imho.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I for one enjoyed the hell out of the 1st flick. (My review) I'm disappointed to see Bill Murray go, as he is one of my favorite actors. But I'll be able to live without him. The most important thing is that they got the same director back.
Jamie Foxx as Bill's son, I think that's pretty ingenious. It'll fit right in with all the great stupidity of the series. I think Foxx is a talented and funny guy, as long as he's not let go to far over-the-top.
I look forward to part 2.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I'd be ditching Miss Lui before Murray, that's for sure. You could hear the clock ticking on her career before Angels. Personally, I'd ditch the director along the way as well. The last thing we need is another 90 minute music video passing itself off as a film. I've seen margarine commercials with better direction and plot.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
The first Charlie's Angels made a mint. We're going to get a sequel whether we like it or not.

I really wish Bill Murray would re-consider.

Here's a thought! Dump Lucy Liu! Would anyone really miss her? Well, would you?

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Is that title definite? The moment I probably wasn't the only one who thought...

GREAT!!! Drew Barrymore against The Flood! I'd pay good money to see that kind of babes with rocket launchers carnage.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Here's a thought! Dump Lucy Liu! Would anyone really miss her? Well, would you?
That would depend on whether they decided to change her character to reprise her role from Payback :D.
I could do without another Grrl Power, giggly jiggle-fest that manages to demean the people in it, the entire female population, and myself as an intelligent movie goer, so I suspect I'll pass ;).
Eye candy is one of the finest things in the world, but of the three only Cameron Diaz really interests me, and she's been in infinitely better movies. I just give Bill Murray credit for bailing out, whatever the reason...
My proposal: The Angels fight a counterfeiting ring, so we can hear innumerable variations of "Are these real? Or are they fake?" :D Sadly, this would actually raise the intelligence level for the sequel.

Ken Situ

Stunt Coordinator
Forget everything else but just have the angels in wet tight T-shirt doing mud-wrestling for 90 minutes and call it "Angles in Mud". There, you can do away with Bill Murray.

Chris Lock

Second Unit
I'm one of the few that actually liked the first one. I guess it helps if you realize it was a parody, not unlike the Brady Bunch movies.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks