Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Gosh Darn, office space is a great movie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#21 of 48 ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted April 20 2003 - 04:27 AM

C'mon, all those quotes and no mention of this?!?!?!

Yeah, hi...Posted Image

#22 of 48 Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted April 20 2003 - 07:06 AM

Quote:
God Darn, office space is a great movie Page

damn straight.

I couldn't quite figure out why, but I always thought that Vickie_M rules in one capacity or another. Now I know why: she just took the best quote out of the movie. Posted Image

#23 of 48 Tony-B

Tony-B

Producer

• 3,768 posts

Posted April 20 2003 - 10:23 AM

This is probably one of the most perfect movies ever made. It just gets funnier every single time I see it. Come on!! I need an SE!! Posted Image

"I'll set the building on fire."
"The people to cake ratio is very high."
"But then they switched from the Swingline stapler to the Boston Stapler, but I still kept my Swingline stapler, becuase it doesn't bind up as much..."
"I used to be able to see the squirrels, and they were merry."
DVD Collection/Video Game Collection/Music Collection
"The Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you." -GLaDOS

#24 of 48 Rob P S

Rob P S

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted April 20 2003 - 10:36 AM

"Corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking - just a moment!" (repeat ad nauseaum)

#25 of 48 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,213 posts

Posted April 20 2003 - 12:57 PM

"SAY HELLO TO LUMBERGH FOR ME!!!!"
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#26 of 48 Tony-B

Tony-B

Producer

• 3,768 posts

Posted April 20 2003 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
"Corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking - just a moment!"
LOL!!! I had nightmares about that quote. It really bugged me, but in a good way!
DVD Collection/Video Game Collection/Music Collection
"The Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you." -GLaDOS

#27 of 48 LennyP

LennyP

Supporting Actor

• 587 posts

Posted April 20 2003 - 04:30 PM

As funny as the movie is, it really really scares me! I'm afraid to be like those guys in it. And I'm disgusted with all the 9 to 5 cycle so many people live, and the friday/saturday night hordes rushing to "relax", it's all just so pathetic and reminds me of communism.
Office Space is a HORROR movie. Posted Image
Top: 1-10 | 11-20 | Complete Archives | Discs: 1397
New R1: Cube SE | Cube² | Noir Vol.1 | .hack//Sign Vol.1 | RahXephon Vol.1 | Assassins | Judge Dredd | One Hour Photo | Unfaithful

#28 of 48 KerryK

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted April 21 2003 - 02:30 AM

I was reading this thread and my boss came in and said, "There's an email on my computer about [project I'm working on]. If you could take a look at it, that'd be greaeeat." and I laughed out loud at him!

#29 of 48 Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted April 21 2003 - 08:26 AM

Bob Slydell: If you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Bob Slydell: Great.
Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door--that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh--after that I sorta space out for an hour.
Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

I think this sums up my last two months pretty well.

When I first saw this movie, I thought it was so so. In fact, I wanted my money back. But repeated viewings has raised it higher and higher. There isn't a week that goes by without someone referencing this movie. For us office workers, this movie is an anthem. The people I know that don't care for this movie don't work in an office so they cannot relate.
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#30 of 48 Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted April 21 2003 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
As funny as the movie is, it really really scares me! I'm afraid to be like those guys in it. And I'm disgusted with all the 9 to 5 cycle so many people live, and the friday/saturday night hordes rushing to "relax", it's all just so pathetic and reminds me of communism.
Office Space is a HORROR movie.

Posted Image

--
Holadem

#31 of 48 Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted April 21 2003 - 12:24 PM

Quote:
Office Space is the reason that my goal in life is to be independently wealthy.

Yup, same here. Office Space convinced me to start working on my own, and towards financial independence.

Man, an hour wasted on this sig! Thanks, Toshiba! :P

#32 of 48 Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 04:10 AM

It's good to see that some the cast is still kicking. In particular: Ron Livingston was in Band of Brothers, a wonderful HBO miniseries about a company of Airborne soldiers during WWII; and John C. McGinley (the tall skinny Bob) is truly amazing as Dr. Cox in the best TV show ever, "Scrubs". Watch 'em both, you won't regret it.
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#33 of 48 Rob P S

Rob P S

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 01:22 PM

Peter Gibbons: [Talking about plan to steal from Initech] We have to promise right now we don't tell anybody about this, no friends, no family members, no one but us.
Samir, Michael Bolton: Agreed
Lawrence: [From the next apartment through wall] Don't worry man I won't tell anyone either.
Michael Bolton: What the **** is that.
Peter Gibbons: Don't worry he's cool.

Peter Gibbons: He's going to ask me to work on Sunday and I'm going to do it, because I'm a p****, which is why I work at Initech in the first place.
Michael Bolton: Hey, I work at Initech and I don't consider myself a p****.
Samir: Yes, I am also not a p****.

Steve: Hi, my name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions.

Michael Bolton: We're not going to some white collar resort prison. No, no, no! We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison!

Peter Gibbons: What am I gonna do with 40 subscriptions to "Vibe"?

Bill Lumbergh: Oh, and next Friday...is Hawaiian shirt day...so, you know, if you want to you can go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.

Rob Newhouse: You know, minimum security prison is no picnic. I had a client in there once. He said the trick is kick someone's ass the first day, or become somebody's b****. Then everything will be alright.

[Peter, Michael & Samir are trying to figure out how to launder money]
Peter Gibbons: I cannot believe what a bunch of losers we are. We're looking up "money laundering" in the dictionary!

Michael Bolton: You haven't even been showing up for work, and you got to keep your job.
Peter Gibbons: Actually I'm being promoted.

Bill Lumbergh: Ahh, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too...

Peter Gibbons: What if we're...still doin' this when we're fifty?
Samir: It would be nice to have that kind of job security.

#34 of 48 JamieD

JamieD

Supporting Actor

• 557 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 05:42 AM

I loved Office Space. Just to get that in there.

Quote:
And I'm disgusted with all the 9 to 5 cycle so many people live, and the friday/saturday night hordes rushing to "relax", it's all just so pathetic and reminds me of communism.

Unless this is some quote which I'm failing to recognize, it's one of the most ridiculous things I've read here.
My Small (But Prized) DVD Collection!

"Actually, I am in really bad shape financially."

#35 of 48 Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 05:52 AM

JamieD : I'd have to agree with you on that one. Looks like someone got their capital confused with their commune Posted Image .
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#36 of 48 todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 10:35 AM

what is the special edition supposed to have and when is the ETA?
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#37 of 48 ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 11:24 AM

Quote:
what is the special edition supposed to have and when is the ETA?
In a HTF chat with Peter Staddon last December, he said this:

Quote:
The Office Space SE is held up big time. Agents got involved and it got ugly in a hurry. I think you will see Office Space 2 before you see the SE - but I haven't given up on it.
So I guess you'll have to wait until HD-DVD comes out, and then probably wait (a little) longer.

#38 of 48 Joseph Young

Joseph Young

Screenwriter

• 1,355 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
The Office Space SE is held up big time.

Well, it looks like the bare bones, non-anamorphic version is going to have to do. This is such a great movie it really doesn't matter to me.

Quote:
it's one of the most ridiculous things I've read here.

Easy now, guys. This has been a great thread so far... let's not get it closed because of differing political perspectives.

~j

#39 of 48 John CW

John CW

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
Easy now, guys. This has been a great thread so far... let's not get it closed because of differing political perspectives.

It's got nothing to do with "political perspectives" it's just a pretty obvious mistake by someone! Either they typed the wrong thing or they don't know what they're talking about. Either way it's funny! Posted Image

Seeing all this Office Space talk is making me want to watch it again. I thought it was good, but a little too OTT for me. Maybe I should give it another chance! I wonder what it is exactly that's holding up the SE? I guess the agents are fighting for royalties for their clients? Hmmmm Posted Image

~ John
Alphabetti Spaghetti

Elvis returns from the dead to say: "Objectively looking at the world, you're the only people alive on the earth today. All the people who created tradition, created countries, created rules ... THEM #@&%ERS ARE DEAD. Why don't you start your own world while you got the chance?"

#40 of 48 Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
It's got nothing to do with "political perspectives" it's just a pretty obvious mistake by someone! Either they typed the wrong thing or they don't know what they're talking about. Either way it's funny!

Actually, the original remark sounded like a comparison between the misery of 9-to-5 work for a corporation and the misery of slaving away for a government-owned business in a communist state. Considering that all attempts to institute communism as a gorvernment system in the world have degenerated into totalitarian regimes, I'd say the comparison was apt. Extreme, but apt.

Of course, it could be argued that it was an inaccurate statement if he was comparing corporate work with textbook communism, but I doubt that was his intention, since no country has ever been ruled by true, textbook communism.

Mods: I hope I have managed not to cross the line into full-blown political discussion. As usual, I beg thee not to ban me Posted Image

Man, an hour wasted on this sig! Thanks, Toshiba! :P

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow