Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Sports DVDs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Markus Lidstrom

Markus Lidstrom

Stunt Coordinator

• 134 posts

Posted January 29 2002 - 07:56 AM

Its my brother's birthday very soon, and I'm hoping to get him into DVDs (because I love them, and because it couldnt hurt to have two collectors in the family). However, he really isnt too into movies, and I already have most of his favorites on DVD myself; but I KNOW he would love some kind of stacked sports DVD.

I was thinking about Ultimate Jordan. Any suggestions.

(PS he loves Basketball and Soccer, otherwise I would pick up a few Don Cherry discs Posted Image )

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Roy Wallace

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted January 29 2002 - 11:29 AM

If the Don Cherry "13" is anything like his previous vhs tapes, it is worth getting... provided he enjoys hockey.
( As a Canadian, I am required by law to love hockey.Posted Image )

RW
I have a subwoofer! I have to watch EVERY movie I own AGAIN!!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter

• 1,266 posts

Posted January 29 2002 - 12:50 PM

Movie wise;
If he likes soccer, one of my personal favorites is Victory w/Sly and Michael Caine. Not the best transfer ever but its the best this movie has looked
Hoosiers
Rudy
Bull Durham
Remember the Titans
The Natural
Field of Dreams
to name a few

Sorry didnt see that he didnt like movies.
Jeff Whitford
Hometheater Guru ?

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted January 29 2002 - 01:34 PM

Michael Jordan to the Max is also a good DVD - anamorphic, commentary, and just a $19.99 retail price. Plus some nice extras, and I found that the 46-minute documentary to be quite enjoyable even if it just focuses on Jordan's last year (before he returned) and while the TV doesn't measure up to the IMAX screen, the documentary holds up just fine nonetheless.