Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Daryl Hannah on DVD--MGM *SUMMER LOVERS* WARNER*RECKLESS*

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted January 29 2002 - 08:19 AM

These two classic early eighties time capsules, both graced by the lovely Daryl Hannah, are in dire need of new, anamorphic widescreen transfers. There is significant interest in these titles, and everything 80s. *RECKLESS* & *SUMMER LOVERS* both have great soundtracks adding to the warm, fuzzy memories these movies already evoke of a time long past, the 1980s...

Jon

http://clubs.yahoo.c...bs/summerlovers http://cygnus.uwa.ed...s/reckless.html

www.summer-lovers.net

Posted Image

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted January 29 2002 - 03:00 PM

Summer Lovers would be great to have on DVD. I agree. And I hope they keep the cover art the same, it should be preserved as the time capsule it is.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Bill Gato

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted January 29 2002 - 05:02 PM

Man, what a tragedy! I checked out the "Summer Lovers" link because I remembered Valerie Quennessen as the beautiful, sexy Lina. Now I find out that she died in 1989 in a car wreck! I'll always remember the thrill of seeing such a ravishing beauty as a teen.
Bill the Cat

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted April 10 2002 - 07:29 AM

I started the thread and am shamelessly reposting it. Posted Image Any other fans of these films out there? With all the catalog titles, especially from Orion/Filmways, MGM is releasing, I can't believe they haven't hit on SUMMER LOVERS yet. MGM's released BLAME IT ON RIO, how about the other (better) sun, sand, sex epic of the 80s, SUMMER LOVERS? That's actually quite a fitting double feature, if I may say so myself.

RECKLESS is a Turner/Warner title so I have less hope for this one anytime soon. And with SUMMER LOVERS, that would be my preferred double feature.

Jon

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,565 posts

Posted April 10 2002 - 07:35 AM

[quote]

remembered Valerie Quennessen as the beautiful, sexy Lina. Now I find out that she died in 1989 in a car wreck!

[quote]

That is a shame. I remember her best as the princess in Conan the Barbarian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users