What's new

WB Hammer titles coming?!?! (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
These films are my Holy Grails of all horror films. God I hope this is true.
A big step in the right direction for Warner regarding their catalog titles.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
From WB?!?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
I'll believe it when I see the DVDs on the shelf ;). Now give me the Haunting SE :D

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
This is the best news a Hammer fan could have hoped for. I can't wait for DVD editions of HORROR OF DRACULA and CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN! Not to mention the rest of the Warner/Hammer titles.

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
Hmm - I checked DVD Drive-In, and besides the Hammer news, they report that Deathmaster is finally slated for an eventual DVD release. Last time I saw that film was 1972 or so!
RD

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Awsome Awsome Awsome! I sure hope this is true. My VHS of Horror of Dracual was looking a little tired. By the way, does anybody know the OAR of this movie? I would guess 1.66 x 1 (seeing as how it's british, and don't see any evidence of P&S). But I could be wrong.

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I can assure that this news is true. Didn't you see the quotes from the DVD producer? I have also been asking about the status of the rest of the Warner Hammers, but he has not gotten back to me yet. Last I heard, he was having a meeting with Warner on Thursday.
George Reis
Editor
DVD Drive-In (www.dvddrive-in.com)

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
No offense George, but my "believe it when I see it" attitude is more applied to WB than DVD Drive-in. I do recall a certain Wonked DVD that was supposed to have a anamorphic widescreen release that didnt come to pass until some encouragement from concerned parties ;).
It would also appear that the concerned parties that have been voicing their concerns for Hammer releases knew what they were talking about since it's mentioned that the Mummy was a successful release.
What numbers did the Mummy (1959) do? It is listed as a succesful release, but how successful was it??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks