What's new

Trouble with MOH:AA (Medal Of Honor) ??? (1 Viewer)

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Anybody else having trouble with MOH:AA?

I was reading that it tries to use your modem (even on single player) and it makes the game hang up (freeze)right when you select the difficulty level.

I'm running Win ME, Ge-force2 Ti, 256MB RAM, Asus A7V-266e, and can't get the darn thing to run! I had to revert back to my W2K box to play it.

Any suggestions? I heard people complaining that they downloaded the patch (released 16 hours after the game was released) and it didn't fix any of the problems.

Stuck in Seattle,

~Rob

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had it crash yet and I've played it for many many hours at one sitting. I also don't have a modem so who knows.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Hmmm...

I've got a system comparable to yours (Win ME, 800 mhz P3, 640MB RAM, Creative Annihilator GeForce 2 32MB graphics card, etc) and haven't had a single problem. However, I'm running multiplay through a USB cable modem so maybe that makes a difference (???). Weird.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
The only problem I'm having is that all my medals keep disappering! Its really making me mad.

Otherwise, no problems.

JQ

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
No troubles here, but I had a similar problem with Black and White... which really has no relation to MOH except that they're both published by EA.

I do recall my firewall getting a request from Gamspy Arcade when I loaded it up, so it may be something with that.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Rats.... I saw the EA forum STUFFED with requests similar to mine..
I was hoping someone here had the same problem...only got it fixed :)
I downloaded the patch (for the US product only) and it said I don't have the US version! Yikes, it's a 16 MB file.... grrr.
Well, I'll back to the EA forums and poke around there.
GREAT game, by the way (I've been playing on the W2K machine) Love the Sniper rifle!
~Rob
p.s. there is a Blood 'n' guts patch out there if you like it gruesome.

Art Morales

Agent
I've had lots of problems from dialing out on the modem to crashing. I finally got it going in the safe mode but it looks like my old Medal of Honor playstation game. Havent tried the patch yet but I'm ready to try anything.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Somebody on ARStechnia pointed me to the "GameCopyWorld" site for the blood patch.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Yep, it definitiely throws out some network traffic at the beginning of a single player game. Bizarre, but it does. I can't confirm that the US patch fixes it, though.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Is the blood patch an official patch though? If applied won't it screw up future upgrades from EA?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The blood patch isn't official, but it also isn't really a patch but instead a mod. The patch/mod itself won't replace any existing files, but is instead a new .pk* file that sits in the MOHAA/Main directory and is loaded automatically.

So no, it won't break compatibility with official patches, although it might break the mod itself.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Has anyone downloaded the patch and installed it successfully? Does it tell you it can't find the US version?

Maybe my Windows 2000 install put a part of the game in a different folder (all that "Documents and Settings" stuff) and it can't recognize the version?

Good grief, I've never had problems with any game like this!

~Rob

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Whew, OK....
I got the game to *work* on WinME by logging onto the internet FIRST, then starting the game.
I also got the patch to work on WinME.
Still having problems getting the patch to recognize the US version of the game on my Windows 2000 machine.
...Sloooowly but surely I'm gaining on the Germans.
:) :)
~Rob

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
The blood patch simply replaces pak6.pak in your "main" directory off the games root dir. Just rename the original pak6 file and unzip the patch into the same directory. Then if you need to revert later, you have the original file in the event that a future official patch wont work without the original pak6 file. Worked like a charm for me on my XP box.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
One final bitch before I continue playing this awesome game:
I am the "Admin" on my W2K machine, my wife and kid are "Power Users"
I had my kid install MOH:AA (using his account)
Now, *I* can't play MOH:AA unless I'm logged in as him!
(More of a W2K gripe, but other games don't have this quirk)
...Now, back to playing!
~Rob

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
The blood patch simply replaces pak6.pak in your "main" directory off the games root dir. Just rename the original pak6 file and unzip the patch into the same directory. Then if you need to revert later, you have the original file in the event that a future official patch wont work without the original pak6 file.
The blood pak I downloaded didn't replace any of the original pak files. It was 2 additional ones that I just tossed in with the other paks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks