Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Funcoland reliable for pre-orders?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence

Producer

• 3,634 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 07:26 AM

I am thinking about pre-ordering both the X-Box and Gamecube, My local Funcoland is not yet taking pre-orders on these but they have started a calling list for when pre-orders are announced. I got myself on both list. I was wondering what their past track record has been on system pre-orders. Is it first come first serve for anyone who pre-ordered, Does paying in advance guarantee I'd get a system on day one ?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   JasonK

JasonK

Supporting Actor

• 678 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 08:05 PM

I've pre-ordered from Funcoland in the past and have had no problems. I pre-bordered the PSX and PS2 and was able to get both on day one. However, I was number 2 on the list for the PSX and number 4 (or 5 or 6) for the PS2. As long as you crack the top 10, you should get a system. It's a gamble even then, since they never know how many systems they'll be allotted (my local Funcoland had 15 PS2's for launch.) I'm gonna get a GameCube next, if I pre-order it, I'll do it thru EBGames. I'll probably just order it thru work, since we got our PS2 a day early. That way I can avoid the crowds on launch day. Hope that helps, Jason
Jason-
Proud Recipient of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

XBOX Live Gamertag: Pudwacker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users