What's new

Harryhausen fans rejoice! THE THREE WORLDS OF GULLIVER coming from Columbia in April (1 Viewer)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
http://www.dvddrive-in.com is reporting (with cover scans) that Columbia will be releasing The Three Worlds Of Gulliver will street on April 16th. This follows last week's news that First Men In The Moon will come out on March 26th.
Awesome!
(oh how Columbia teases the Harryhausen fans by leaving Mysterious Island for last!)

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
This is great news indeed. Three Worlds of Gulliver also has a splendid film score by the great Bernard Herrmann! :)
Jeff

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
I can't wait for Columbia TriStar to release these Harryhausen's:
20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH
EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS
MYSTERIOUS ISLAND

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Gwangi - Gwangi - Gwangi...and Clash of the Titans.

It Came From Beneath the Sea.

Etc, etc. etc.

More announcements, please.

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
This is fantastic news - I was all set to wait until 2003 for GULLIVER after getting a FIRST MEN IN THE MOON release. Now I'll be able to hear that great Herrmann score on DVD in just a few months. I remember how disappointed I was when I saw THE 3 WORLDS OF GULLIVER as a kid, when they revealed what the third world was. I didn't want that movie to end!

--Bill

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
This is wonderful news! But alas, I'm growing tired of waiting for MYSTERIOUS ISLAND... guess I'm a sucker for giant bees. ;)
Another Bernard Herrmann score finds its way to dvd! Herrmannites rejoice!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
The 3 Worlds of Gulliver was absolutley gorgeous on laser. It was full screen, so we'll have to see what the OAR will be when it comes out, especially since there was so much discussion as to the OAR of The 7th Voyage of Sinbad! :D

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I believe all Harryhausen films prior to First Men On The Moon would only be 1.66 OAR (not counting pre-WS titles) if I'm not mistaken.

In terms of completing the Harryhausen canon from my standpoint is "One Million Years B.C" on Fox's schedule for this year or next?

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
good news... dvdfile.com says that Gulliver will be 4:3 as hoped.
Eric,
One Million and Clash Of The Titans have both been rumored for mid-2002 release. Nothing concrete yet.
That would leave Mysterious Island and Gwangi the only unreleased color Harryhausen films.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
That would leave Mysterious Island and Gwangi the only unreleased color Harryhausen films.
Yes, apart from the color Ray Harryhausen/Willis O'Brien dinosaur sequence from the Warner Bros feature-length nature documentary film THE ANIMAL WORLD (1956), which would make an ideal "special features" extra on a VALLEY OF GWANGI DVD.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Peter, I've neem pining for Warner to release that ANIMAL WORLD footage for ages. It had a deep impact on this six-year-old (screen goes completely blood red during volcanic eruption and dinosaurs are on a rampage) and I've always hoped they'd put out this Irwin Allen "documentary" in full-length, but as that will probably never happen (due to restoration/subject matter issues), the 15-minutes of Hayyhausen animation would be welcome.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I wouldn't know where to look for it but didn't Peter Staddon say in one of the chats that One Million Years was a planned 2002 title?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The Three Worlds of Gulliver is due out in soon on R1 and also R2. A UK website says the sound is in mono but Amazon states it as 2.0 stereo. There was a TV screening here in the UK some time ago which was in stereo so I hope the DVD is the same. Does anyone know the sound format for sure?

Users who are viewing this thread