-

Photo

made some speaker cables

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Chriss M

Chriss M

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted January 19 2002 - 01:23 PM

just finished making these to hook up my new Paradigm Studio 40's, which are on their way to me. It ended up taking alot longer than expected, but i think they came out pretty nice. I havent hooked them up yet to see how they sound, or even if there will be any difference at all from my current 12ga. wire, but i think they look alot better Posted Image

here's a pic

Posted Image

Total cost was about $50 for the 12ft pair.

#2 of 6 Roy Wallace

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted January 19 2002 - 06:31 PM

Nice!
What make are the banana jacks, and where did you get them?

RW
I have a subwoofer! I have to watch EVERY movie I own AGAIN!!

#3 of 6 Chriss M

Chriss M

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted January 20 2002 - 02:51 AM

The banana jacks are the ones available on ebay. They are 8 dollars for 4 plugs. These are the ones - http://cgi.ebay.com/....tem=1323194506

The wire is 8 gauge twisted speaker wire available from the same guy for $ 1.50 /ft. It's HUGE. definitely not good if you want to keep your speaker wire discrete and hidden Posted Image

#4 of 6 Charles J P

Charles J P

Screenwriter

• 2,028 posts

Posted January 20 2002 - 01:24 PM

I take it those are not bi-wires Posted Image

#5 of 6 Kevin Coleman

Kevin Coleman

Supporting Actor

• 500 posts

Posted January 20 2002 - 01:56 PM

Very nice Chriss. Maybe you could post some instructions.

Kevin C. Posted Image

#6 of 6 Chriss M

Chriss M

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted January 20 2002 - 02:18 PM

no not biwires Posted Image i thought about it, but im not quite sure how i would pull it off with that wire, and also i have my doubts about any advantage biwiring might provide (although that is a discussion for another thread Posted Image )

as for instructions...well it's really very simple. Only reason is took me so long is because it took me FOREVER to strip back the outside casing that holds the 2 8-gauge wires. Once you get that peeled back, you just need to stip the ends and insert them into the bananas. I also used some shrinkwrap to make the wires fit perfectly flush with the opening of the banana plug.