What's new

etronics .com good or bad (1 Viewer)

David D. C.

Stunt Coordinator
im going to purchase the denon 2802 and i need some info on etronics anyone buy from the online???????:emoji_thumbsup: or:thumbsdown:

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I bought a pair of JBL S26's from them and everything was fine. They shipped the day after I ordered and I tracked the shipment all the way to my apartment. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I purchased my Panasonic CV-51 DVD Player and my Acoustic
Research AR4C Center Channel from Etronics and all I can
say is this.. :emoji_thumbsup: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i bought denon avr1802 from etronics last october. it is broken now ( see my thread ), and the customer service made me wait for 35 minutes until i got frustrated and hung the phone up. i will try later since i am busy with homework.

edit:

if the receiver is not broken, i think etronics is a pretty good online shop. fast service, thats for sure. but they need more people to work in their customer service.

Jaehoon Heo

Stunt Coordinator
I bought DVD player RP-91N and JVC camcorder with some accessories. I had no problem with the procedures and products, and price was great. I remember their shipping was just a little slow.

Todd Pricer

Auditioning
I just bought a DVD player from them a few weeks ago. Everything was fine, but the shipping was a bit slow. It took three or four days before the item was even shipped and then they shipped UPS (instead of FedEx or FedEx Ground)Ground so it took 5 more days to arrive.

Other than the mild delay in shipping time, the service was fine.

Doug BW

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a Denon 5800 from Etronics in November. They shipped the same day I ordered. I received it two days later, double boxed, in perfect condition. So my experience was: :emoji_thumbsup:

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
looks like etronics is a good retailer. but, make sure you store everything safely. just find my thread, and read their reply regarding my receiver.

they want me to send the receiver back in mint condition, and the warranty card has to be unfilled!!! i have sent the card back to denon within 10 days ( afterall, that was written in the manual ). besides i dont have the plastic wraps anymore, such as the wrap for the remote control.

Jonathan_M

Stunt Coordinator
Ordered a Pioneer Elite 39TX from them about a year ago. Ordered it on a Monday and requested next day air (UPS RED) delivery after calling first to see if the unit was in stock. Everything went smoothly. Had the receiver the next afternoon. No complaints.
:D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
A+

Excellent prices

Haven't had any problems with any of the equipment they've sent me so I can't comment on customer service.

geo

Doug BW

Stunt Coordinator
Did the Denon products include the USA warranty card?
Yes. Does that mean that Denon will honor the warranty if I have a problem? That's a different discussion...

As I unpacked my receiver, I looked very carefully for any sign that I may have actually gotten a B-stock unit. As far as I could tell, the package had not been opened and re-sealed, the serial number looked unmolested and matched that on the carton, all the parts were in their little plastic bags, and everything that the user manual said should be included was included. And the first time or two that I powered it up, it had that "new electronics" smell.

The carton clearly had a label that had been surgically removed. It's been my assumption that the missing label contained the address of the authorized dealer from which Etronics obtained my unit.

Doug

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I purchased a JVC S111 video switcher from them last week and was completely impressed. They were originally out of stock but offer an e-mail alert when your product becomes available. And it's not fluff - got my notice within a couple of days after first checking. Ordered immediately. They had easily the best price on the net and my package arrived within two days (to Canada - no mean feat). Packaging was first rate - stuffed within an oversized second box and surrounded by foam peanuts.

Only dealth with them on this occassion but everything turned out great.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
It sounds like most people have had very good luck with Etronics. I would say if the product is in stock then everything works out great but when they have a problem it can turn into a disaster.

Since early December I have been building a secondary budget system in another room. I found a really nice Sherwood RD-7106 100Wx5 receiver at ubid for $129 and a Sampo DVE-611 DVD player for $79. Both work great and I got them in a timely manner.

Next I needed some speakers and after a brief run around with some I had found at Ubid I found a set at Etronics. According to the web page the Acoustic Research HC2 system was in stock and ready to ship. Since this is one of the highest rated budget speaker systems I decided to order. Etronics charged my credit card right away but never shipped the package. All this time the web page said the item was in stock. After about a week I fired off an e-mail and not more then 10 minutes later Etronics changed the status of the product but never replied back. A few days later I sent another e-mail willing to take the JBL package for the same price or pay the asking price if they ship overnight to me for free. A day later I got a reply that the AR HC2 system should be back in stock in a few days. I waited another week and the status of availability never changed so I called to cancel my order. They promply canceled my order but sent me an e-mail that it will take up to 30 days to credit my account.

The 30 day credit is making me angry the most. I can't take my business elsewhere until they credit my account. I later learned that its against the law for a mail order company to charge your card before the product ships. Etronics is breaking a federal law by charging before shipment.

As soon as I get my credit I am taking my business to J&R.

Chris

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
I would be willing to help get a fair price for you from an authorized retailer, email me if you would like my help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks